If you’re looking for good German nicknames to call someone; friend, lover, relative or stranger, keep reading.
Like in many other cultures, in Germany, we use terms of endearment to show our male and female partners how much we appreciate them. But we also have nicknames that are used to make fun of people.
So, whether you need a German word for your lover or you need funny German nicknames to call your German buddy, or maybe you need German terms of endearment for a child, you will find a lot of awesome nicknames below.
Table of Contents
German Nicknames for Guys and Ladies
The following are German terms of endearments that can be used for both guys and girls. The pronunciation of the nickname is added in brackets.
- Schatz (chats) – this nickname means darling or my treasure in Germany. It is one of the most popular German nicknames, and it can be used for a guy or a lady.
- Hasi (hazy) – this pet name means hare or rabbit and means that your partner is soft and cuddly.
- Liebling (li:bling) – this term means darling in German, and it is most popular next to Schatz.
- Herzblatt (hertzblat) – this term means to be close to my heart.
- Butterherzchen (butterhertzchen) – this term means your heart is as satiable as butter.
- Zuckerschnute (tsukkerschnute) – this term means your mouth is as sweet as sugar.
- Schlafmütze (schla:fmitze) – this term means you are not the fastest one, but you are pretty sweet.
- Naseweiß (nazewi:s) – this term means you know everything better and seem to be clever.
- Seelenpartner (se:lenpartner) – this term means we share the same soul.
- Sonnenschein (sonenʃin) – this term means you are the sunshine to me.
- Engel (engel) – this term means you are like an angel to me.
- Juwel (djuel) – this term means you are like a gem to me. You are extremely valuable.
- Mein Stern (myn stern) – this term means you are special to me and it was you I should reach.
- Ein und Alles (yn und ales) – this term means you are my one and everything.
- Schokoladenherz (ʃokoladenherz) – this term means your heart is as sweet as chocolate.
- Goldstück (goldstük) – this term means you are as worthy as gold to me, you are of high value.
- Glückskeks (glükskeks) – this term means fortune cookie, and when you say it to somebody, it means the person had luck in an extraordinary
- Honigmäulchen (honigmeulchen) – It means you like sweet things very much.
- Schnuckelhase (ʃnuklhaze) – this term means you are cuddly like a hare.
- Zuckerschnecke (Zukkerʃneke) – this term means sugar snail.
- Gürkchen (gürkchen) – this term is the translation for little pickle and means you are delicious to me.
- Kleeblatt (kleblat) – this term is the translation for cloverleaf and luck is on your side.
- Honigbiene (honikbi:ne) – It means “Honeybee. “
- Stern (ʃtern) – It means “Star. “
- Knuddelbär (knuddlbaer) – It means “Huggybear. “
- Schnecke (ʃneke) – It means snail, and weirdly in Germany, snail is a term of endearment.
- Schnuckiputzi (ʃnukiputzi) – Sweetie Pie/Cutie Pie.
- Schnuckelchen (ʃnukelchen) – It means Sweetcheeks
- Häschen – It means “little hare.”
- Rehlein – It means “little deer.”
- Spätzchen – It means “little sparrow.”
German Nicknames for Ladies
Need a German nickname for a lady? perhaps your girlfriend or wife, here are some cute German pet names for a lady:
- Mausi (mauzi) – this term comes from the word mouse and says you are sweet and tiny.
- Augenweide (augenwi:de) – this term means you are a very beautiful
- Angebetete (angebetete) – this term means you are the most adorable woman in the world.
- Dornröschen (dornroeschen) – The German equivalent of “Sleeping Beauty.”
- Beauty – this term means you are good-looking.
- Allerliebste (alerli:bste)– this term means you are the best of all.
- Pocahontas – this term means you are as beautiful as an Indian female.
- Amazone – this term means you are a huge woman a man cannot forget.
- Sahneschnitte (sa:neʃnitte)– this term means you are beautiful and as good as cream cake.
- Perle (perle) – this term means you are as beautiful as a pearl.
- Cheri (ʃeri) – this term means you are worthy and expensive.
- Blume (blume) – this term means you are a pretty person that looks like a flower.
- Venus (venus) – this term means you are full of love and a very hot person.
- Aphrodite – this term means you are the goddess of love.
- Babe – this term means you are as sweet as a baby and you are not too tall for me.
- Barbie –this term means you are as beautiful and slim as a Barbie doll.
- Cinderella – this term means you are more beautiful than a princess.
- Bienchen (bi:nchen) – this term means you are as sweet as a little bee.
- Bunny – this term means you are an attractive lady.
- Holde Maid (holde mi:d) – this term means you are lively and attractive.
- Diva (de:va)– this term means you are an elegant woman and you know who you are.
- Göttlich Schöne (götlich ʃöne) – this term means you are as beautiful as if God made you.
- Herzensschöne (herzensschöne) – this term means you are beautiful by heart.
- Kaktusblüte (kaktusblüte) – this term is the translation for cactus blossom, which means sharp stings and beauty at the same time.
- Meine Königin (mi:ne königin) – this term means there is nobody as high and powerful as you.
- Rose – It means “Rose. “
- Sonnenblume (sonenblu:me) – Is she your pretty Sunflower?
German Nicknames for Guys
Need a German nickname for your boyfriend? or any other guy at all, here are some good German nicknames for guys:
- Bärchen (berchen) – this term means you are lovable like a tiny bear.
- Adonis – this term means highly attractive man from Ancient Greek.
- Captain – this term means you are the authority in my life and you know where to go.
- Göttergatte (göttergatte) – this term means you are my husband, but you like yourself best.
- Märchenprinz (märchenprinz) – this term means you are the man I had always dreamed of.
- Chefkoch (ʃefkoch) – this term means you are an excellent
- Casanova – this term means you love too many women.
- Brummbär (brummbaer) – this term means you are generally nice but sometimes in a bad mood.
- Held (held) – this term means you are like a hero to me and you have done something special in my life.
- Zorro – this term means you are a fast lover and you are very powerful.
- Yuppie – this term means you have a lot of money and you show it.
- Adrenaline – this term means you give me the power to be stronger than before.
- Amor – this term means you can make me fall in love with you.
- Champ – this term means you are a very successful person
- Froschkönig (froʃkönik) – this term means you are my prince, but I could not see it at first sight
- Herzkasperl (herzkasperl) – this term means you make my heart beating.
- Beau (bo) – this term means you are a beautiful
- Indianer (indianer) – this term means you are a male with terrific
- König (könik) – this term means you are my one and everything.
- Schmusekater (ʃmusekater) – this term means you are as cuddly as a male cat.
Funny German Nicknames
A list of nicknames wouldn’t be complete without funny nicknames, here are funny German nicknames to call anyone:
- Alibaba – this term means you bring magic into my life but please do not bring your 40 robbers.
- Hörnchen (hörnchen) – this term means you are as sweet as a croissant.
- Honigschnitte (honikʃnitte) – this term means you are as sweet as a slice of bread with butter and honey.
- Zottel (zotel) – this term means your hair needs a new haircut.
- Brummel (brumel) – this term means you are in a bad mood but still sweet.
- Heinzelmännchen (hi:nzelmenchen) – this term means you are hard-working but a little bit too small.
- Flusspferd (flusferd) – this term means you are fat as a hippo.
- Honigkuchendpferd (honikkuchenferd) – this term means honey cake horse which is somebody who is full of luck.
- Grinsebär (grinseber) – this term means you are smiling like a honey bear.
- Frechdachs (frechdaks) – this is the translation for “cheeky.”
- Faulpelz (faulpels) – this term means you are lazy and slow like a snail.
Do you know any awesome German term of endearment or nickname we left out, kindly tell us through the comments section. Don’t forget to add the meaning and pronunciation as well.
Do you still need more nickname ideas? check out other foreign nicknames:
- 160+ Spanish Nicknames For Guys and Girls (With Meanings)
- 200+ Popular Italian nicknames For Guys and Girls (With Meanings)
- 164 French nicknames for Friends and Lovers