Do you need great nicknames for the name Andrea?
But first, What’s the origin and meaning of the name, Andrea?
Andrea is a unisex name of Greek origin, meaning ‘manly, brace or masculine.’ The name Andrea has similar roots to Andreas and Andrew.
Andrea is a popular unisex name, but in the United States, it is more popular as a name for baby girls.
Table of Contents
Popular Nicknames for Andrea
Popular nicknames are often short forms or modifications of a name. Here are some popular nicknames for someone named Andrea:
Cute Names for Andrea
Cute nicknames are an excellent way to personalize the name of a loved one. Many people prefer to use cute pet nicknames when referring to anyone they hold dear. Here are some cute nicknames for Andrea:
- Dee Dee
Creative Nicknames for Andrea
Asides the popular nicknames of a name, other cool and creative nicknames can be coined from the said name. Here are some creative nicknames for Andrea:
- A-Girl: A for Andrea and Girl for female, a great nickname for anyone named Andrea.
- Angie: A cool nickname for Andrea, meaning ‘Angel.’
- Riri: A nickname for Andrea inspired by music Icon Rihanna.
- Addie: A creative nickname for Andrea.
- Dira: Rhymes with Drea in Andrea.
Andrea Nicknames from TV Characters and Books
Nicknames for a name can also be gotten from famous fictional characters in books and movies. These are some great Andrea nicknames from TV characters and books:
- Andrea Cantillo: She was a fictional character on AMC’s ‘Breaking Bad’ played by Emily Rios.
- Andrea’ Andy’ Sachs: She was the main character in ‘The Devil wears Prada’ and ‘Revenge Wears Prada’ played by Anne Hathaway.
Famous People Named Andrea
Your favorite celebrities named Andrea could also give you ideas of nicknames for Andrea. These are some celebrities named Andrea:
- Andrea Barber: She is an American actress known for playing Kimmy Gibbler in the ABC sitcom ‘Full House’ and the Netflix series ‘Fuller House.’
- Andrea Russett: She is an American actress known for her roles in movies such as ‘Expelled,’ and ‘Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates.’
- Andrea Brooks: She is a Canadian actress and model best known for her role as Eve Teschmcher in The CW series ‘Supergirl.’
- Andrea Pirlo: He is a retired Italian professional football player.
Variants of Andrea
The variants of a name can also be used as nicknames for the said name. These are some sample nicknames from variants of Andrea:
- Adrienne: A French name variant of Andrea, meaning ‘From Adria.’
- Aundrea: A Greek name variant for Andrea, meaning ‘manly.’
- Aindrea: An Irish name variant for Andrea, meaning ‘Man.’
- Andreana: Another Greek name variant for Andrea meaning ‘Manly.’
While we have tried to make our list exhaustive, however, leave us a comment if we missed any Andrea nickname.