Hi BeyHives, do you know all the nicknames Queen B has answered over the years?
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter was born in Houston, Texas and has relentlessly captured the hearts of millions even from a very tender age.
Twenty-three Grammy Awards (as at The 61st Annual Grammy Awards), countless powerful performances, her adorable kids – Blue Ivy, Sir, and Rumi and not to forget, her husband Jay-Z, are just some of the few reasons we love Queen Bey.
In this article, we share all the nicknames Beyonce has been called in various circles, including the ones she called herself in her songs.
First, we start with Beyonce’s Fandom nickname.
Table of Contents
What are Beyoncé’s Fans Called?
Beyhives and they know how to live up to that name for their Queen.
What nicknames do Beyoncè’s kids have?
While Sir and Rumi seem to be kept on the low, for now, Blue Ivy Carter, her first daughter, was nicknamed Blue Blue right after her birth, according to her grandmother, Tina Lawson.
Only recently, as Blue Ivy performed “Lift Every Voice and Sing” onstage at the 2019 Coachella while her proud mother watched, the Queen went, “Great job, Baba,” and so we can say Baba is Blue’s newest nickname – we love it!
What nicknames does Beyoncè’s husband Jay-Z have?
From J-Hov to Iceberg Slim and even to being called President Carter, Rapper Jay-Z has gotten a fair share of nicknames and rightfully so.
He has, in turn, bestowed a few nicknames on his wife, Beyoncè. The power couple uses “Bonnie and Clyde” as their couple nickname.
Jay-Z also frequently calls Beyoncè “B” in their songs together.
Ready for more? Here’s our list of the Popular as well as the Not-So-Popular nicknames for Beyoncè:
Popular Beyoncé Nicknames
From self-acclaimed nicknames to those bestowed on the Queen by fans and family, here are some of the most endorsed Beyoncè nicknames that every BeyHive soldier should know:
- Queen B/Queen Bee/Queen Bey – The correct spelling is “Queen Bey,” the correct pronunciation is Queen Bee.
- B – Simple and sweet, and we can tell it’s one of Jay-Z’s favorite.
- Yoncè – The flirtatious side of Beyoncè that we can’t stop obsessing over.
- Sasha Fierce – Beyoncé’s sexy and aggressive alter ego, that she claims she “wouldn’t like if she met her offstage.”
- Bey/Bee – She’s the buzz, so why not?
- JuJu – Literal meaning is “Energy.”
- Queen – The One True Queen.
- Ay Bey Bey – Watching the Queen do her thing would have you in awe.
- Lemon – A sweet and tangy nickname, just like her 2016 Album Lemonade.
- Queen Carter – What’s a King Jay-Z without his Queen?
- Slayoncè – After Beyoncè showed the ladies how to “get in formation,” she earned this title.
- Peaches – From Partition lyrics, when Beyoncè went, “He likes to call me Peaches when we get this nasty…”
- Beychella – Beyoncè shut down Coachella 2019, and everyone’s still trying to recover.
- King B – From the cover art of Beyoncé’s “Best I Never Had” where we see her staring into a mirror and writing “King B” on it.
- Miss Knowles-It-All – Even at a tender age, little Miss Knowles was gifted, enterprising and bright.
- Queen Hov – Married to J-Hov and Hovina restaurant in their name, it’s only right that the Queen bears the title as well.
- Bey-Day – From when Beyoncé released the Spanish version of the B’Day Album.
- Deena – From Beyoncé’s character in the 2006 movie Dreamgirls.
- BeBe – The Queen Bee.
- Beygood – From the name of her foundation, Beygood, that raised a lot of money for survivors of the Nepal earthquake.
- Beyonca – A variance of the name Beyoncè.
- Bey-Bonnie – From Jay-Z’s 2002 track, where he refers to his then-girlfriend, Beyoncè, as his “Bonnie.”
- Mama Blue – For Blue Ivy Carter’s everything.
- Bey-bootylicious – From that time the Oxford English Dictionary recognized “Bootylicious,” a word that Beyoncè came up with (meaning sexually attractive) and included it in the dictionary.
- Bey-Time – Coined from the name of Beyoncé’s childhood band, Girl’s Tyme.
- Queen of Pop – No competition there.
- DreamGirl – Deena’s sultry, dreamy voice (played by Beyoncè Knowles Carter) made her a natural dreamy girl.
- Ivy Park – From the name of Beyoncé’s clothing line, Ivy Park, established in collaboration with London-based fashion retailer, Topshop.
- Bey-O – That “ohh” sound that slips out when you watch Queen Bey perform like she was born for this.
- Hey Ms. Carter – From the catchy intro of Partition where Bey goes “Let me hear you say “Hey Ms. Carter.”
Other Beyoncè Nicknames
How about some of the less-known nicknames Queen Bey has been given? From the lyrics of hit songs to various activities she’s involved herself with over the years, here are some other exciting nicknames for Beyoncè:
- Halo-Bey – From the 2008 hit track “Halo,” which from all of Beyoncé’s releases has lasted the longest on the Hot 100 charts.
- Bee-Four – Four has always been the Queen’s favorite number, and for good reasons too – Her husband’s birthday, her birthday, her anniversary and a couple more special occasions fall on the 4th.
- Babe-Yoncè – She’s always been a total babe.
- Bey-Flawless – She woke up like that too.
- Child of Destiny – Coined from Beyoncé’s girl group that consisted of Beyoncé Knowles, Kelly Rowland, and Michelle Williams.
- Khaleesi – According to Emilia Clarke who plays Daenerys Targaryen on Game of Thrones, rapper Jay-Z may have bought one of Khaleesi’s dragon eggs for his wife, as she is a big fan of the Tv Show. So, Bey is our real-life Khaleesi.
- “Sharon” Fierce – Beyoncé played the role of a strong and fierce Sharon Charles in the 2009 movie Obsessed, so we think this name is befitting.
- Bey the Heat – Queen Bey is so allergic to perfume that she makes her own now, one of which is Heat, hence the name.
- Aunt B – Something her adorable nephew (Solange’s son) Daniel Juelz calls her.
- Mother of Dragons – From her love of the HBO show, Game of Thrones.
- Homecomer – Coined from her new Netflix documentary titled Homecoming.
- Bey-zza – Just because Pizza is the Queen’s favorite cheat food.
- Bey-Pulse – A nickname from her perfume collection – BeyoncePulse Eau De Parfum spray.
- Bey-a-goddess – A mortal being couldn’t be half of what Queen Bey is.
- Dumbo – A nickname she got when she was much younger as a result of her enormous ears.
- Beau-yoncè – Just right for a beautiful Queen with part-french descents.
- Bey-Lily – Beyoncé’s self-titled album in 2013 made use of the codename Lily to keep the album from leaking to the press till it was released.
- Queen of Spades – Beyoncé once revealed that she spent a lot of time online playing Spades, right around the time her album I Am…Sasha Fierce was released.
- Queen Nala – From Beyoncé’s role in The Lion King movie where she plays the cartoon character Nala.
- Xania – Her character from the 2006 movie, Pink Panther.
- Miss Performer – Beyoncé once revealed that even as a child, she charged her parent’s friends $5 to watch her perform.
- Bey-Bae – For our favorite baby girl, Beyoncè.
- SugaMama – From Beyoncé’s all-girl band which was named SugaMamas.
- Queen of Formation – We have to admit it – she might be a slob according to her best friend Kelly Rowland, but her crew’s formation game is always tight.
- Bey-Star – She’s always been a star, and everyone can see it.
- Bey-Bouncey – All her dance moves are wicked, even when she’s heavily pregnant with twins.
- B-The-Survivor – She’s been through her first band breaking up, her father stealing from her as Destiny’s child manager, depression and infidelity – her crown never slipped.
- Bey-Slayy – There’s no denying it – Beyoncè invented the word Slay.
- Mama – From the 2006 Suga Mama song, where Beyoncè goes, “Suga ma-ma-mama
I’m your suga mama, suga mama…”
- Bey-Diva – She’s an effortless Diva every single time she’s on stage.
Know of any other Beyoncè nickname that’s not on this list? The comment section is opened to all BeyHivers – share some other exciting names of the Queen with us!