In this article, we would be considering the possible nicknames for Chris. Still, before we go right into it, we will have to find the origin and meaning of the name Chris.
Chris is the short English version of a Europe-wide name derived from the Greek name ‘Christóforos.’ The name Chris is a boy’s name of English origin, meaning “one who carries Christ.”
Chris is a short form of various names, including Christopher, Christian, Christina, Christine, and Christos.
Chris is also used as a name in its own right; however, it is not as common as its other variations.
Table of Contents
Famous People Named Chris
The names of famous people named Chris can be an excellent source of Chris nicknames. Here is a list of some famous people named Chris:
- Chris Brown – Famous American singer and songwriter.
- Chris Evans – Captain America in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Chris Hemsworth – Australian actor.
- Chris Pratt – an American film and television actor.
- Chris Abani – Nigerian author
- Chris Anstey – Australian basketball player, who stands at 7’1.
- Chris Rock – American comedian and actor.
- Chris Rowley – an American baseball player
Famous Fictional Characters Named Chris
Similarly, fictional characters named Chris are great pet names for the name Chris. Here are some fictional characters named Chris.
- Chris Griffin – Character from Family Guy
- Chris McLean – Character from Total Drama
- Chris Adams – A fictional character in the 1960 Western film The Magnificent Seven and its sequels.
- Christopher Robin – Appears in Milne’s poems and in the two books: Winnie-the-Pooh (1926) and The House at Pooh Corner (1928).
Popular Nicknames for Chris
When it comes to choosing nicknames, we often look out for short, funny, and creative nicknames. We have compiled a list of popular short, funny and creative nicknames for Chris:
- Captain America
- Cee Cee
- CG – C for Chris and G for Gee, a slang meaning friend or buddy.
- Chris B – A nickname inspired by American hip-hop artiste Chris Brown.
- C-Dawg – C for Chris and Dawg for friend.
- C-Note – A slang for $100 bill, it could be used for anyone who is rich.
- Christatrophe – A creative nickname for Chris.
- Cringle – An adorable nickname for Chris.
- Chris Rock – A nickname for Chris inspired by American comedian Chris Rock.
- Christofu – A nickname inspired by tofu, the Chinese meal.
- Crisco – A slang often used for smooth talkers.
- Crisp – An Australian slang for anything positive.
- Krispy Kreme – A nickname for Chris inspired by the Krispy Kreme franchise.
- Cheesy – A nickname for Chris referencing cheese.
- Crosby – A Scottish variant for Chris.
- Christopher Robin – A nickname for Chris inspired by the Winnie the Pooh cartoon.
- Chrissy-Pooh – A nickname for Chris inspired by the Winnie the Pooh cartoon.
- Cripsy – A cool nickname for Chris.
- Ris – From the last three letters of Chris.
- Cree – A sound-alike variant for Chri in Chris.
- Cody – An Irish name meaning ‘wealth.’
- Chill – An English word meaning relax and calm.
- Christoffel – A Dutch variant for Chris.
- Kristof – An Estonian variant for Chris.
- Kristoffer – A Finnish nickname for Chris.
- Christophe – A French variant for Chris.
- Christoph – A German variant for Chris.
Now, it is your turn to add any funny, cool, or cute nickname for Chris that is not on the list.