Are you looking for a nickname for Clara? In this article, you will find several cute, cool, and popular nicknames for the name Clara, as well as descriptions to help you choose the perfect name.
But first, what’s the meaning and origin of the name Clara?
Clara is a feminine name coined from the Latin name Clarus and is interpreted to mean “Clear/Bright/Famous.”
It is considered to be one vintage name that is still widely used today.
Table of Contents
Popular Nicknames for Clara
Popular nicknames are usually derived from the first few alphabets in a name and could also be the combination of random letters present in the original name. Here are popular nicknames for Clara:
Cute Nicknames for Clara
Cute nicknames are mostly formed by attaching suffixes or words that best describe a sweet attribute or personality trait of the name bearer. Below are cute nicknames for Clara:
- Clara Bear
- Clair Ray: Pronounced as Clear Ray.
- Clari Shine
- Bright: Inspired by one of the meanings of the name Clara.
- Sunshine: A nickname inspired by the literal meaning of Clara.
Nicknames from Famous People Named Clara
Famous people make a fantastic source of useful nicknames, especially for someone who bears a similar name or the same name. Here are some famous people who bear the name Clara:
- Clara Arthur (also known as Mother of the Playground Movement): An American suffragist.
- Clara Barton (also known as The American Nightingale or Angel of the Battlefield): An American teacher, patent clerk, and pioneer nurse who founded the American Red Cross.
- Clara Doty Bates (A Woman of the Century): An American writer.
- Clara Bonde (also known as The It Girl): An American actress.
- Clara Chung (also known as Clara C): An American singer and songwriter.
- Clara H. Hazelrigg (also known as H.H): An American author, educator, and reformer.
- Clara Horton (also known as The Eclair Kid): An American child actress of the Silent Film era.
- Clara Harrison Stranahan (also known as Hero Strong): A 19th-century American writer.
- Clara Tott (also known as Tettingen): A Munich court singer.
Nicknames from Fictional Characters Named Clara
Fictional characters often possess peculiar traits which makes them a fun source of nicknames. Here’s our list of fictional characters that bear the name Clara:
- Clara Stahlbaum (also known as Marie or Masha): A fictional character in the story Tchaikovsky’s ballet The Nutcracker.
- Clara (also known as The Light One): A fictional character in the short story The Sandman.
- Clara (also known as Belle): A fictional character in the video game MySims.
- Clara Sesemann (also known as Kurara Zēzeman): A fictional character in the book Heidi.
Variants of The Name Clara
The variants of a name can make useful nickname options for someone who wants to keep in touch with the original meaning of their name. Here are some variants of Clara:
- Klara: A German variant of the name Clara.
- Chiara: An Italian variant of the name Clara.
- Clarie: A French variant of the name Clara.
- Claribel: An English variant of the name Clara.
Did we leave out any suitable pet names for Clara? Be a dear and share the name with us in the comments section below!
1 thought on “40+ Creative Nicknames for Clara”
Now I know why someone calls me “sunshine”.