Do you need other good nicknames for David asides, Dave? Keep reading, and you will end up with a lot of good names to call someone named David.
But first, what is in the name?
David is a Hebrew name, which means “beloved.” The popularity of this name dates as far back as the 10th century to King David in the Bible who was recorded as one of the most powerful kings that ruled the nation of Israel. The name, David was also popularized in Britain around the Middle Ages, as well as Wales and Scotland.
Some notable people who have been named David include:
- Philosopher, David Hume
- Actor, David Schwimmer
- English singer and songwriter, David Bowie
- Footballer, David Beckham
- Actor, David Tennant
- Producer, David Copperfield, and many more awesome people.
David might be a pretty popular name but coming up with a nickname for David isn’t as easy as you’d expect, which is why, we have compiled all the cute, cool, witty, and funny nicknames for David we know.
Fingers crossed, you will find the perfect nickname for your David.
Table of Contents
Short Nicknames for David
Would you rather go for a nickname that’s simple and brief? Here are some of the easiest and straightforward nicknames for a David:
- Dave – Might be one of the most widely used nicknames for a David.
- Davie – A sweet nickname for David.
- Davis – Another popular variation for David.
Cute Nicknames for David
Looking for a name that’s sweet and endearing? For a lover, a best friend or an adorable little boy? Here are some cute nicknames for that special someone named David:
- Boo’D – Pronounce it any way you want, but D stands for David.
- Bae-vid – For the Bae named David.
- My D – For your favorite D, whatever that means.
- Davy Dovy – For a David that you enjoy being all lovey-dovey with.
- Dav-olipop – For a sweetie named David.
- Dubba Hubba – A cute nickname for a husband.
- Dav-Fav – For your favorite David in the whole world.
- Diggles – One who has the most infectious giggles ever.
- Davidew – A sweet nickname for one who’s as refreshing as the morning dew.
- Davie-Pie – For a yummy and delightful David.
- Davilicious – For an irresistible David.
- D-Bug – A David that you’ve got eyes only for.
- Dashing Davi – For a very elegant and sharp-looking David.
- Daa Dreads – For a David who always has his hair in dreads.
- Daven Haven – For a friendly David.
- Davidy-Bear – For the sweetest and most accommodating David, you’ve ever met.
- Coolio-Davio – For a David who tried too hard to be cool.
- Dave Patootie – For a cutie-pie named David.
- Taavid – A Finnish variant of David.
- Davi-CoCo – For a weirdo who acts “loco” all the time.
- Davilocks – For a blonde-headed David.
- DaGrin – A David with the widest grin –
- Davie Bun-Bun – David with the cutest buttocks.
- Davidde – A Hebrew variant of the name David.
- Davey boy – For a cute little munchkin named David.
- Ta-Da – For an adorable toddler that bears David.
- Dawid – A Polish variant of David.
- Davi-Jiggy – For a hyperactive David.
- Davidy Woobly – For a little David learning how to walk.
- Davy Babyface – A David with the cutest facial features.
- David Caramel – A dark-skinned version of David Cameron.
- David Dibble-Dabble – For a David, that’s all over the place.
- Dawidy – A Hebrew nickname for David.
Cool Nicknames for David
Looking for a nickname to suit a cool and confident David? Something interesting that reflects on a particular physical or personality trait? Here are some cool nicknames for David:
- Dev – Extra points if he’s a developer.
- King David – From the biblical character, King David.
- David Haye – Reference to the famous boxer. A cool nickname for a David, who could throw hands.
- Dave Claws – For a tough and fierce David.
- D-Dang – A multitalented David that always amazes.
- Papi D – For a ladies man.
- Dei-Dei – Spelt, just like the pronunciation of David.
- D-man – For the man named David.
- Lil D – For a small but adorable David.
- Psychodave – The perfect game username is taken, and this one is definitely taken; however, there is no reason why it cannot be your nickname.
- Davin – A French variant of David.
- D-Fury – For a quick-tempered David.
- Davido – For a cool and funky David.
- Davon – A Hebrew variant that also means “Beloved.”
- StoneBwoy – Coined from the Biblical David, that killed Goliath with a sling and a stone, and perfect for a small but mighty being.
- Davide – A variant of David with an Italian origin.
- Davidu – A Slavic variation of David.
- Davud – A Persian variation of the name.
- Davyd – An unusual but interesting nickname for a David.
- Big D – For a huge or chubby David.
- DaDoomster – For a scary-looking David.
- Dave The Rave – He’s the life of every party.
- Dawud – An Arabic variant of David.
- Dazizzle – There’s never a dull moment around him.
- Davit – An Armenian variant of the name David.
- Dawood – A nickname with Hebrew origins that also means “beloved friend.”
- Becks – Inspired by English footballer David Beckham, for a David who’s talented at Football.
- Da-Alpha – He’s a nature Alpha male and a born leader.
- Davian – A nickname for David with an English origin.
- Zavid – A less popular nickname for a David with Hebrew and English-American origin.
- Davidek – A Czech variant of the name David.
- D-Dawg – For your home-boy named David.
- Daveed – A Russian variant for a David.
Funny Nicknames for David
How about some silly or ridiculous nicknames for that David in your life? We think you’d find these funny nicknames for David amusing:
- Dayum – Like the reference, which means “Damn.”
- Dave Chappelle – A reference to the famous comedian, Dave Chappelle, which makes it a funny nickname for a guy named David.
- Dave the Barbarian – A reference to the famous Disney character.
- Daffyd – A David that reminds you of cartoon character Daffy the Duck.
- Diva – A funny, feminine twist on David.
- Doofy Ball – A clumsy and goofy David.
- Davina – A Scottish variant of David for an effeminate person.
- Da-Bling – For a flashy, attention-lover.
- Gangsta Da-Da – For a David that tries too hard to look and act tough.
- Davy Dufus – A doofus named David.
- Da-Voodoo – For a magician that bears David.
- Freaky Dave – The biggest flirt ever.
- Dumble Dave – A nickname coined from Harry Potter, for a wise and mature David.
- Davy Doozy – For a David, that’s always tired or sleepy.
Clever Nicknames for David
Would you rather choose from a list of nicknames that are cleverly thought of, or craftily constructed? Something witty and smart? Here are some clever nicknames for David:
- Davidas – For an Adidas lover named David.
- Davida Hulk – For a tall and muscular David.
- Da-mazing – For a spectacular David.
- Davy-Jazzy – For an exotic or sophisticated David.
- Dav-Dopamine – For a Dave, that’s always in high spirits.
- Dave-Devour – For a glutton named David.
- Ghandav – A David with a striking physical or personality resemblance with the late Mahatma Gandhi.
- Dandy David – For a very stylish and fashionable David.
- Day Day – For a David as light in complexion as the day.
- Dav-Downer – This David is always a party pooper.
- Daunty-Dave – For a very intimidating David.
- D-Jiggles – He’s got the silliest dance moves you’d ever see.
- Davie Wonder – Culled from the Legendary Stevie Wonder, for a talented singer named David.
- Gay-Vid – This could be offensive, so only use if your Gayvid is cool.
- Door-Vid – For a tall and sturdy David.
- Dav-Vinci – For a David, whose biggest inspiration is the renowned artist Leonardo da Vinci.
- Da-pper – For a very “dapper,” David.
- Davida Lavida – A David that knows how to live life to the fullest.
- Davidoc – For a Medical practitioner named David.
Do you know any fantastic nickname for a David that’s not on our list? Maybe one you’ve been called in the past? Share them in the comments section!