Despite being a popular name, finding nicknames for someone named Jessica can give you a headache. In this article, we share all the awesome Jessica nicknames we know.
The name “Jessica” is of Hebrew origin, and it means “gift” or “God beholds.” It is generally believed that the name may have been the Anglicization of the biblical name “ISCAH,” the name of the daughter of Haran mentioned briefly in Genesis 11:29. Iscah was spelled Jesca in the Matthew Bible Version available in Shakespeare’s time. The original Hebrew name “Yiskah” means “foresight.”
Jessica is undeniably a beautiful name, and nothing stops you from coming up with a nickname to personalize it if you want to. Here are a few Jessica nicknames to help with your search:
Table of Contents
Short Nicknames for Jessica
First, let’s start with all the short Jessica pet names, which are more or less a short form of Jessica. The following are short and popular nicknames for Jessica:
Cute Nicknames for Jessica
- Jessi Boo
- Jessi Bear
- Jessi Dear
- Jessica J
- Yessi: Jessi spelled with a Y.
- Jess Jess
- Baby J
- Jessicka: Variation of Jessica.
- Queen Jessi: The perfect nickname for a girlfriend named Jessica. Thankfully, it rhymes with Cersei (Game of Thrones reference).
Clever Nicknames for Jessica
Nicknames are even better when they are creative. The following are creative names for someone named Jessica:
- Jennica: Romanian form of Jessica.
- Jesseca: Hebrew version of Jessica
Cool Nicknames for Jessica
If you need a cool nickname for someone named Jessica, or maybe you’re Jessica, and you need a cool username, Instagram name, or a cool nickname, the following are cool nicknames for someone named Jessica:
- New Jersey
- Sheshi: Ruler
- Juicy Jess: Jessica with the Juice
- Jessalin: English and German variant of the name Jessica.
Funny Nicknames for Jessica
Funny nicknames are the best. If you agree, then you would love the following funny nicknames for Jessica:
- Messy Jessie
- Hurricane Jessie
- Jesse Car
- Jumpy Jess
- Jessie Mouse
- Jessica Pickles
- Jessica Tickles
- Jessi Slicky
- Jessicant – This funny Jessica nickname could be a reference to something she can’t do, or it could be a reference to the unfriendly word that rhymes with “can’t.” Thankfully, Jessicant also sounds like Lubricant.
Famous People Named Jessica
Famous people are a popular source of nicknames. For example, someone named James could be nicknamed Jamie and then end up as Jamie Lannister or maybe Kingslayer (Game of Thrones Reference). So, for someone named Jessica, her nickname could be inspired by any these famous people named Jessica:
- Jessica Alba (American actress)
- Jessica De Gouw (Australian actress)
- Jessica Delgau (Canadian Swimmer)
- Jessica Ennis (British athlete)
- Jessica Wahls (German Pop Singer)
- Jessica Yu ( American film director)
- Jessica L. Wright (American politician)
- Jessica Zafra (Filipina writer)
- Jessica Zhu (Chinese-American Pianist)
- Jessica Taylor ( English Singer)
- Jessica Rossi (Italian sport shooter)
Other popular fictional characters with the name Jessica also include:
- Jessica Day (New Girl)
- Jessica (Merchant of Venice)
- Jessica Glitter (How I Met Your Mother)
- Jessica Jones (Marvel Comics Superhero)
- Jessica Lovejoy (The Simpsons)
- Jessica Sanders (Heroes).
Also, Jessica can be a middle name as in the case of American actress, model, singer, and Producer “Sarah Jessica Parker.”
If you know any excellent Jessica nicknames we have left out, be a dear and share it in the comments section!