You will agree that finding the perfect nickname for any name can be quite a task. For a name like Justin, you may want better names than the common Justin nicknames such as “J, Jus, or jay.” This post contains popular, funny, clever, and cool nicknames for Justin.
But first, what is the origin of the name, Justin?
Table of Contents
Meaning and Origin of Justin
Justin has always been a popular name; it was the ninth most popular male name in 1990. Although it is not as popular as it was in the ’90s, Justin is still a most loved name for male children.
Justin is originally a Latin name known as “Justinus” which means Fair or Righteous. Many early-century saints bore the name. It has several meanings in different languages, although with similar meanings. In both English and America, Justice means upright, righteous, which is the literal dictionary meaning of the word “Just.” The Irish believe Justin means judicious while the Noellistic language translates Justin to mean “a stripped person.”
Popular Justin Nicknames
There are no rules as to what nickname you choose. You can call your Justin with the first letter of his name and middle name. For example, Justin Randal will be called “JR.” However, every name has some famous nicknames. Here are some popular nicknames for Justin:
Funny Justin Nicknames
Although funny can be based on perception, you will probably agree the names in this section caused you to smile. Here are some funny Justin nicknames:
- Jew-Stein – Although not appropriate, but may be fitting for a Justin who is proudly a Jew.
- Junebug – will be ideal for a Justin born in June
- Justina Aguilera – particularly he loves Christina Aguilera
- Stripes – Created from the Noellitic meaning of Justin
- Tin Tin – After a comic character who had a dog
Cool Justin Nicknames
Cool names can be used or modified for social media handles or Gamertags. Here are some cool names for Justin:
- Big J – He must be big, of course!
Clever Justin Nicknames
Smart and exciting nicknames that will have you nodding your head in agreement. Here are some clever nicknames for Justin:
- Just in time
- Emperor Justinian
- Justice League
- Righteous – The meaning of the Justin
Variations and similar names to Justin
Pet names can be a variation or anything that sounds similar to the name. Here are some popular variations of Justin:
Famous People Named Justin
Famous people are a popular source of nicknames for most names, so what options do you have for a Justin? Here are some famous people named Justin:
- Justin Drew Bieber: the Canadian singer, more commonly called “Justin Bieber’ or “J.B”
- Justin Randall Timberlake: an American singer and actor, fondly called “JT.”
- Justin Trudeau: The 23rd Prime Minister of Canada
- Justin Webb: A Scientist and Trumpet Player who was nicknamed “Stripes.”
- Justin Theroux: An American actor, film producer, director, and screenwriter.
Have we missed any famous or good pet names for Justin? Be a dear and add them in the comments.
14 thoughts on “45+ Fantastic Nicknames for Justin”
my son Justin likes to go by big man Justin or juicy J
I like Justice. The Justin I know is very much, just, honest, etc. like his name suggests.
I personally like calling my son joojoo on that beat justin
I go by name big j i’m Justin by name.
i go by justinthacooch
ve been struggling to find a nickname for him
ugh same!! best i got is jusbug
i personally like calling my son heavy j
the best lol