You will agree that finding the perfect nickname for any name can be quite a task. For a simple name like Justin, you may think you can only make do with short Justin nicknames such as “J, Jus, or jay,” but you can do better.
In this article, you will find many nicknames that are fitting for the name Justin. The nicknames have been categorized under popular, funny, clever and cool.
But first, what is the origin of the name, Justin?
Justin is originally a Latin name known as “Justinus” which means Fair or Righteous. Many early century saints bore the name. It has several meanings in different languages, although with similar meaning. In both English and America, Justice means upright, righteous, which is the literal dictionary meaning of the word “Just.” The Irish believe Justin means judicious while the Noellistic language translates Justin to mean “a stripped person.”
Famous people are a popular source of nicknames for most names, so what options do you have for a Justin?
Table of Contents
Famous People Named Justin
Here are some famous people named Justin:
- Justin Drew Bieber – Canadian singer, more commonly called “Justin Bieber’ or “J.B”
- Justin Randall Timberlake – an American singer and actor, fondly called “JT.”
- Justin Trudeau – The 23rd Prime Minister of Canada
- Justin Webb – A Scientist and Trumpet Player who was nickname “Stripes.”
- Justin Theroux – An American actor, film producer, director, and screenwriter.
So, if you need a simple Justin nickname, you could use any of the above names, especially J.B.
List of Justin Nicknames
You can search for the type of nickname you prefer for your Justin under the following category: popular, funny, clever, cute, and similar variations of Justin.
Popular Justin Nicknames
Justin has always been a popular name; it was the ninth most popular male name in 1990. Although it is not as popular as it was in the ’90s, Justin is still a most loved name for male children. Here are some popular nicknames for Justin:
Funny Justin Nicknames
Although funny can be based on perception, you will probably agree the names in this section caused you to smile. Here are some funny Justin nicknames:
- Jew-Stein – Although not appropriate, but maybe fitting for a Justin who is proudly a Jew.
- Junebug – will be ideal for a Justin born in June
- Justina Aguilera – particularly he loves Christina Aguilera
- Stripes – Created from the Noellitic meaning of Justin
- Tin Tin – After a comic character who had a dog
Cool Justin Nicknames
Names that you know any Justin won’t mind bearing, here are some cool Justin nicknames:
- Big J – He must be big, of course!
Clever Justin Nicknames
Smart and exciting nicknames that will have you nodding your head in agreement. Here are some clever Justin nicknames:
- Just in time
- Emperor Justinian
- Justice League
- Righteous – The meaning of the Justin
Variations and similar names
Nicknames can be a variation or anything that sounds similar to the name, Justin. Hope you find one that catches your fancy:
There are no rules to what nickname you choose to use. You can call your Justin with the first letter of his name and middle name. For example, Justin Randal will be called “JR.”
What style or method do you use to derive a nickname? We want you to send us the nicknames we missed in this article. Write in with your answers, contributions, or questions. We will read every one of them.