If you’ve been looking for nicknames to call someone named Mason, here are some excellent nicknames for Mason.
But first, what is the meaning and origin of the name Mason?
The unisex name Mason means “one who works with stone,” “stone/brick worker” or “artificer of stone.”
The inspiration behind the name Mason is believed to have come from the word Masonry, which refers to stonework and architectural work.
Mason is also regarded as a popular name and ranked as high as the second most popular name given to babies in the United States in 2011, and this is believed to be because of the increasing number of celebrities who have named their kids Mason.
Table of Contents
Popular Nicknames for Mason
Popular nicknames for Mason are usually shortened forms or modifications of the original name:
- Mae Mae
Cute Nicknames for Mason
If you’re looking for a sweer name for someone named Mason, here are some cute pet names for the name Mason:
- May: A feminine nickname with an English origin.
- Ma: An abbreviated version of the name Mason.
Cool Nicknames for Mason
Here are some options to consider if you’re looking for cool nicknames for someone named Mason:
- Da Son
- Money Mase
- Don Mace
- Master Mason
Creative Nicknames for Mason
If you’re looking for a pet name with a clever twist, here are some suitable nicknames for Mason:
- Masemellow: A pun formed by combining the name Mason and the word Marshmallow, a soft and gooey confectionery.
- Stoneheart: A nickname coined from the meaning of the name Mason, which is “one who works with stones.”
- Stoneworker: The literal meaning of the name Mason.
- Mr Brickman: A teaser nickname coined from the meaning of Mason.
- LEGO Man: A clever nickname inspired by the meaning of the name Mason (a stone/brick worker).
Nicknames from Famous People Named Mason
Public figures often have nicknames that most people would find interesting enough to adopt.
- Mason Dominic Binnell: Also known as Mason Noise, a contestant who finished 7th place in Series 12 of The X Factor.
- Mason Ryan: Also known as Goliath, a retired Welsh professional wrestler and former Gladiators competitor.
Nicknames from TV or Books
Here are some names from popular fictional characters named Mason:
- Mason Greyback: Also known as Mutt, a purebred werewolf in the Disney show Wizards of Waverly Place.
- Mason Pines: Also known as Dipper, and the main character in the Disney cartoon Gravity Falls.
- Mason Lockwood: Also known as The Werewolf and a character in The Vampire Diaries series.
- Mace Windu: Also known as Jedi Master, a fictional character in the Star Wars franchise.
Variants of Mason
Do you ever wonder what variants there are for the name Mason? Here are some variants of the name Mason:
- Mayson/Maison: A variant derived from the Old French word “mai.”
- Macen: A feminine English variant meaning “worker in stone.”
- Masen: A masculine variant with Old English/Old French origin.
- Macian: A German variant of the name.
Are there other really good nicknames for someone named Mason that we didn’t include in our list?
Don’t forget to share them with us in the comments section below!