Have you been struggling with coming up with the perfect nickname for Megan?
Finding that perfect pet name can be thrilling, but sometimes the process could be longer and more tedious than you would expect.
Let’s help you skip the whole process by handing you a list of all the best Megan nicknames we know.
Table of Contents
Meaning and Origin of Megan:
But first, where does the name Megan come from, and what does it mean?
Megan is a feminine name of Welsh origin; it was originally a diminutive of the name Margaret (which has an Ancient Greek origin). The meaning of the name Megan is “Pearl.”
Now, many people get their nicknames from famous people who bear the same name. Thankfully, there are a lot of notable people named Megan.
Are you ready to find some interesting nicknames for Megan? Here’s a list of the best Megan nicknames:
Popular Nicknames for Megan
Would you rather go for a nickname that’s simple and brief, whether as a username online or a pet name that fits on a customized item? Here are some short Megan nicknames to consider:
- Meg: Meg is the most popular nickname for Megan.
Cute Nicknames for Megan
Would you rather go for a nickname that’s all shades of adorable? Something befitting for a charming Megan? Here are some cute pet names you can call a girl named Megan:
- Mee Mee
- Meg Anne
- Meggie Ann
- Megzy Munchkin
- Meggy Munchkin: Perfect for your only munchkin.
- Megumegu: When you don’t outgrow your baby nickname.
- Mego Eggo
- Ego Mego
- Megy Lou
- Pearl: Culled from one of the literal meanings of the name Megan – Pearl.
- Meggie Boo
- Meggie Darling
- Megcicle: For a Megan, sweeter than popsicles.
- Megpops: For a real Sweetheart.
- Pearly White: From the interpretation of Megan’s name, which means “Pearl.”
- Meggy Muffin
- Meggy Momo
- Meggy Bear
- Merry Meggy
- Meggy Doo-doo
- Mae/May: If her name is spelled as Maegan, Mae would be a great fit.
Funny Nicknames for Megan
Is Megan the silliest or most hilarious person you know? Someone with a healthy sense of humor? Here are some funny names you can call someone named Megan:
- Megan Magoo
- Megnugget: For a small but adorable Megan.
- Ego Mego
- Meg Dog
- Megaphone: For a loud Megan
- Meggie mouse: A wordplay on Mickey Mouse.
Cool Nicknames For Megan
If you’d like a nickname that’s cooler than the rest or one adapted from a variant of the name Megan, here are some cool Megan nicknames:
- Mega Cool
- Miss Megan
- Megzy: Something for a stylish and insanely cool Meg.
- Gannie: An unusual twist of the last letters in the name.
- Megu: A nickname of Japanese origin, interpreted as “kindness” or “blessing.”
Clever Nicknames for Megan
How about a nickname for Megan that’s witty and thoughtful? Names that double as good Megan usernames and Instagram names. Here are some creative nicknames for someone named Megan:
- Gem: Meg spelled backward.
- Melegance: For a very elegant Megan.
- Megnet: Perfect for a Megan so popular that she can be considered a “people magnet.”
- Megnanimous: For the most cheerful giver, you know.
- Megan Sparkle: Culled from the name of the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, and suitable for an elegant Megan.
- Megsterious: An eerie and unusual lady named Megan.
- Meangan: Probably something everyone calls her at her back because of how mean and intimidating this Megan can be.
- Megan The Vegan: For a Megan who’s never eating meat.
- Megan Goody: From the name of American Actress Megan Good, for a Megan with a heart of gold.
- Megnadoodle: Adapted from the name of the toy Magna Doodle.
- Mega-Force: For a tough and strong-willed Megan.
- Megan-Margarita: For a Megan (or a Margaret) who enjoys a drink now and then.
- Meggo Leggo: For a very hyperactive Megan.
- Maggy-Saggy: For a rather sloppy Megan.
- Megneto: Culled from the fiction character Magneto from X-Men, for a Megan who is a big Marvel Comics fan.
- MeGun: For a Megan that knows her way around firearms.
- Megabyte: For a techy geek named Megan.
- Megan Train: From the name of American singer Meghan Trainor, for a Megan who’s a huge fan.
- Me-Gain: For a greedy or self-centered Megan.
- Meggie Sue: From the title of Vanessa Carlton’s hit song, Meggie Sue.
- Megzilla: For a scary-looking Megan, from the word “Godzilla.”
- M&M: A clever nickname for Megan, especially if her middle name or last name also starts with an M.
- The Duchess: From the title held by Meghan Markle (Duchess of Sussex) for a sophisticated Megan.
- Megenta: A wordplay on the color Magenta.
- Mee-gin: This Megan is a Gin lover, and it’s not hard to tell.
- Foxy: From the name of the American Actress Megan Fox, for a fierce and appealing lady.
Variants of Megan
The variations, diminutive, and short forms of the name Megan are drawn from Margaret’s original form. Some of these are names adopted by Megan or the original Margaret in other languages. Regardless of whichever they are, all of these make unique nicknames for Megan. Here are some variants of the name Megan:
- Margaret: Megan itself is a variation of the name Margaret. It originally evolved from Meg, which was often used as a nickname for Margaret.
- Meighan: An Old Greek alternative to the name.
- Maegan: A variant English spelling of the name.
- Maygan: An Old Greek alternative pronounced as “Mey-Gahn.”
- Maggs: Abbreviation of the variant Margaret.
- Meggy: A nickname with a Medieval English origin.
- Megi: A Latin/Greek variant of the name, meaning “Pearl.”
- Meganira: An Old Greek variant of the name Megan.
- Megann: A regular English variant.
- Megen: A less popular variant for a Megan.
- Mehigan: An Irish-rooted variant of the name Megan.
- Magana: A Greek variant of the name.
- Megara: A variant common as an African and Greek nickname (the female character’s name with the crimson hair in the Disney movie Hercules.
- Meag: A variant of the name from Old Greek origin.
Notable People Named Megan
The names and nicknames of famous people named Megan can also be great pet names. The following are some notable people named Megan:
- Meghan Markle: Duchess of Sussex, former American actress and member of the British Royal Family
- Megan Fox: American actress
- Meghan Trainor: American singer/songwriter
- Megan Jendrick: Olympic swimmer
- Megan McDonald: American writer ( author of children’s books)
- Megan Hauserman: Reality TV star and American model
- Megan Ewing: American Model
- Meagan Good: American actress
- Megyn Kelly: American News-anchor/Journalist
- Megan Hart: American author
- Megan Danso: Canadian actress
- Megan Young: Miss World 2013 and Filipina-American actress
Fictional Characters Named Megan
The following are famous fictional characters named Megan:
- Megasaurus: From the 1960 Sci-fi movie Dinosaurus.
- Meggan: Fictional superhero character in the Marvel Comic books
- Megan “Meg” Griffin: From the television series Family Guy.
- Megan Draper: A character from the television series Mad Men
- Megan Eisenberg: From the film Father of the Bride (Part II)
- Megan Parker: A character from the Nickelodeon television series Drake & Josh.
- Megan Sparkles: A cartoon character from the television series Sanjay and Craig
- Megan Macey: A character from the British soap opera Emmerdale
- Megan Williams: An animated character from the TV series My Little Pony.
Things That Rhyme with Meg or Megan
If you still haven’t found a nickname, consider picking a nickname from words that rhyme with Meg.
Do you know any other really good nicknames for a Megan that’s not on this list? Maybe one you’ve been given in the past or a nickname you’ve given to a Megan in your life?
Kindly share them with us in the comments section!