In this post, we list all the suitable nicknames for Diego; cute, cool, funny, and popular nicknames for Diego.
Diego is a popular name amongst the Spanish and Mexican people. Diego is a Spanish name that means “supplanter.” It is a variant of the name Santiago. In medieval times, Diego was Latinized as Didacus. Didacus derives from the Greek word Didache, meaning “teaching.”
Now, let’s help you find the perfect Diego nickname.
Table of Contents
Popular Diego Nicknames
Here are the most popular pet names used for Diego:
- Dee Dee
Cute Diego Nicknames
Most people use nicknames as a form of affection toward the person. So, here are some adorable pet names for someone named Diego:
- Didi Cutie
- Didi Boo
- Didi Bug
- Baby Diego
- Baby D
- Doodles: this is suitable for someone who is artistic and into creative stuff.
Funny Diego Nicknames
Another common reason people use nicknames is to make fun of others; it is usually harmless fun, not hateful names. Here are some funny pet names for Diego:
- San Diego
- Silly Doe
- Dodgeball: this can playfully take a dig at someone who is slightly overweight.
Cool Diego Nicknames
Now to cool nicknames, badass names, Twitter handles, Finsta names. Here are some cool Diego pet names or usernames:
- Mr. D
- Daddy D
- Main D
- Big D
- Tobago: Tobago is a small island in the Caribbean.
- El Diego
Diego Nicknames Based On Tv Or Books
- Diggory: The wizarding family in the Harry Potter Series.
- Dig Dug: this was a popular video game years ago, and this can send him down memory lane into the good old days
- Khal Drogo: A character name from “Game of Thrones.”
- Go Diego: A reference to a character from Dora the Explorer
Famous People Named Diego
- Maradona: This will ring a bell, especially to football fans. It is inspired by the legendary Argentinian player, Diego Maradona.
- Pitbull: A nickname associated with Diego Sanchez, a mixed martial artist
- The Nightmare: A nickname also associated with Diego Sanchez
- Forlan: Diego Forlán, an Uruguayan former footballer player.
Variants of Diego
- Diago: this Hebrew name is one of the ancient versions of this name.
- Didacus: The original form of the name, Diego.
- Diogo: The Portuguese equivalent of Diego.
- Santiago: Diego is a variant of Santiago
Did we miss any fun Diego nicknames? Let us know in the comments.