In this article, we’d be sharing creative nicknames for someone named Sabrina as well as helpful descriptions to help you choose the perfect nickname!
But first, what is the origin and meaning of the name Sabrina?
Sabrina is interpreted to mean “From the River Severn,” “Boundary,” or “White Rose.”
The origin of the name Sabrina has been traced to a Celtic Mythology, where an illegitimate daughter of an England King was thrown into a river to drown by the King’s wife.
The name Sabrina has gained popularity in English-speaking populations following the release of the 1954 film Sabrina.
Table of Contents
Popular Sabrina Nicknames
Popular nicknames are often gotten by shortening or modifying the name. Here are some popular nicknames for the name Sabrina:
Creative Sabrina Nicknames
Cute, cool, or funny nicknames for Sabrina can be formed by adding suffixes or cute words behind the original name. Here are some of the cutest nicknames suitable for the name Sabrina:
- Shabbrina: Combination of the word “Shabby” (which means a tattered or worn-out look) and the name Sabrina.
- Lady Brina
- Lightsaber: A fictional energy sword featured in the Star Wars franchise.
- Sabby Pop
- Bambina: Italian term for “little girl.”
Nicknames from Things That Rhyme with Sabrina
Who doesn’t love when words rhyme? Words that rhyme can be used as substitutes in place of the original name. Here are some nicknames from words that rhyme with Sabrina:
- Marina: Combination of the word Marine and the name Sabrina.
- Ballerina: Combination of the word Ballerina and the name Sabrina.
Nicknames for Sabrina From TV or Books
Fictional characters and celebrities can be a great place to source from when trying to find nicknames.
- Sabrina Ionescu (also known as Bazooka Mode): A professional American basketball player.
- Sabrina Fair (also known as La Vie en Rose or Sabrina Fair): A fictional character from the 1954 movie Sabrina.
- Sabrina Victoria Spellman (also known as The Witch): A fictional character in Archie’s Mad House, The Archie Comedy, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Sabrina: The Animated Series and The Chilling Adventure of Sabrina.
- Sabrina (also known as Natsume): A fictional character in Pokémon who was a Gym Leader.
- Sabrina Grimm (also known as Fairy-tale Detective): A fictional character in The Sisters Grimm Series.
- Sabrina Santiago (also known as Dominican): A fictional character in the American soap opera General Hospital.
- Sabrina Duncan (also known as Charlie’s Angel): A fictional character in the 1976 series Charlie’s Angels.
Variants of Sabrina
Variants of the original name are usually suitable sources of nicknames as most people still want a nickname closely related to their name. Here are some variants for Sabrina:
- Xabrina: A Latin variant of Sabrina.
- Zabrina: A modern English/Arabic variant of Sabrina.
If you know any excellent Sabrina pet name that isn’t on this list, be a dear and add it in the comments section below!