To make finding the perfect nickname for your Ulysses a lot easier, we have carefully selected some of the best nicknames for Ulysses.
But first, what is the meaning and origin of the name Ulysses?
Ulysses is the Latin variant of Odysseus linked to the Greek verbs “odussomai” meaning “to be wrath against, to hate.” Ulysses, pronounced “Yool-i-seez,” is a masculine name of Latin origin, which means “Wrathful.”
Famous People Named Ulysses
A great place to start when seeking for a nickname is to consider notable and famous persons past or present who bear this name, as it is not a famous name.
Here is a list of some famous people named Ulysses to help you find the perfect name for your Ulysses.
- Ulysses S. Grant – (1822–1885), U.S. Army general and President of the United States.
- Ulysses Cuadra – American actor
- Ulysses Davis – American film director
- Ulysses Kay – American composer
- Ulysses Livingston – American musician
- Ulysses Owens – American musician
- Ulysses Norris – American footballer player
- Ulysses Reed – American basketball player
Popular Nicknames for Ulysses
We have created a list of some short, funny, cute, and creative nicknames for anyone named Ulysses. Here are some popular nicknames for Ulysses:
- Ulie – A popular nickname for Ulysses
- Lys – A short nickname from Ulysses from the name itself.
- Uluxe – A creative nickname culled from Ulysses.
- Ulisse – An Italian variant for Ulysses.
- Ulisses – A Portuguese variant for Ulysses.
- Ulick – A funny nickname for a Ulysses who loves sweet things.
- Uileous – A Nickname for a cute Ulysses.
- Lyssus – A funny nickname for a Ulysses that tells a lot of lies.
- Ulee – An adorable nickname for a charming Ulysses.
- Odysseus – A Greek variant of Ulysses.
- Ody – A common G nickname for Ulysses of Greek heritage.
- Ulyx – Another shortened form of Ulysses.
- Triple S – The nickname got from the three-letter ‘S’ in Ulysses.
- UU – The first letter in Ulysses repeated twice.
- Ulixes – A great nickname for a lively Ulysses.
Do you know any nickname for Ulysses that isn’t on the list? Please do well to share them with us in the comments section below!