Do you need car nicknames or ideas on names to call your car?
The following list contains all sorts of car nicknames; some of them are funny car names, others sound mean car names, it all comes down to your car’s qualities. Also, these names can be used for other vehicles, so if you need fantastic truck names, feel free to use any of these great names for your truck.
Table of Contents
- Is it weird to name my car?
- What should I name my car?
- 1. Consider the Car’s Appearance
- 2. Consider the age of the car
- 3. Consider the car’s performance
- 4. Consider a funny experience with the car
- 5. Use a Theme that describes the Car
- 6. Use Car Names from Movies
- 7. Consider the Car’s License Plate
- 8. Consider the Brand of the Car
Is it weird to name my car?
No, it is not weird to give your car a name. If you love your car, it’s only reasonable to have a great nickname for the car.
What should I name my car?
To come up with the best nickname for your car, consider using the color, design, appearance, performance, car model, License Plate, the age of the vehicle, and experience with the car to come up with a perfect car name. Also, you can use a theme that describes the car or a famous car name from books or movies.
To help you in your search for a good car name, we have included examples of different car names ideas. Here’s are a couple of ways to choose an excellent nickname for your car:
1. Consider the Car’s Appearance
Try to focus on a unique/odd feature about your car’s design, think about its color, shape, wheels, rims, muffler, or maybe its head/tail lights. For example, if you own a Volkswagen Beetle that has some rust spots on its hood, you can call it “Rusty Beetle.”
Here are some car nicknames based on car color:
The following are silver car names, I haven’t seen many silver trucks around, but if you have one, these names are perfect names for a silver truck, SUV.
- Iron Man
- Old Silver
- Silver Bullet
- Silver Edge
- Silver Fox
- Silver Grills
- Silver Lightning
- Silver Sand
- Silver Sonic
- Silver Streak
- Silver Stripe
- Silver Surfer
Find More Silver Car Nicknames: Silver Car Names: 60+ Names for a Silver Car
Need a name for your blue car? The following are great blue car nicknames, blue truck names, and blue jeep names:
- Blue Moon
- Cookie Monster
- Ice queen
- Papa Smurf
Find More Blue Car Nicknames: Blue Car Names: 70+ Names for a Blue Car
Yellow is a bold, bright, and attention-seeking color for a car. If you have a yellow vehicle and you need an awesome name for the car, the following are some excellent names for a yellow car:
- Killer Bee
- Honey Bee
- The Great Gatsby
- Big Bird
- Yellow Submarine
Find More Yellow Car Nicknames: 40+ Yellow Car Names and Gold Car Names
Red is a bold and energetic color, so here are some sexy names and nicknames for a red car or truck:
- Bloody wheels
- Ghost ride
- Hell ride
- Hot cherries
- Hot Rod
- Le Diable rouge
- Naughty Santa
- Red bullet
Find More Red Car Nicknames: Red Car Names: What Should I Name My Red Car?
Green is the coolest and hippest car color. When you paint a car green, it’s almost like it becomes environmentally friendly and adds a couple of years. If you own a green truck, a green car or a green jeep, the following are names you could call your green vehicle:
- Doctor Doom
- Green Lantern
- Oscar the Grouch
- Peter Pan
- Poison Ivy
- Robin Hood
- The Green Goddess
- The Hulk
Find More Green Car Nicknames: Green Car Names: 80+ Names for a Green Car
Need a name for your white car? Check out the following white car nicknames and white truck names:
- Crowd pleaser
- Moby dick
- Snow white
- Walter White
- White knight
Find More White Car Nicknames: White Car Names: What Should I Name My White Car?
Got yourself a classy black ride? Here are some great names for black cars, black trucks, black jeeps, and any other black ride you may own:
- Black Swan
- Dark Knight
- Jet Black
- Night Fury
Find More Black Car Nicknames: Black Car Names: 80+ Names for a Black Car
2. Consider the age of the car
An easy way to go about this is to pick a name based on how long you had the car. For example, my dad had his current car for more than eight years, and he calls it the mighty grandma. For example, my dad had his current car for more than eight years; he calls it the “Mighty Grandma.”
Here are some old car nicknames:
- Old Timer
- Last Legs
- B.C: Before Christ
- Lazy Bones
- Old Yeller
Here are some new car nicknames:
- Low Miles
3. Consider the car’s performance
Another method to set a unique nickname for your whip is to address its speed, horsepower, or performance. For example, you can always call a slow car “Turtle,” or a car with lots of horsepowers a beast.
Slow Car Nicknames
Here are some names you can call a slow car:
- Car potato
- Big Lazies
Race Car or Fast Car Nicknames
If you have a fast car or race car, here are some awesome names for fast cars:
- Ace of Race
- Angry bull
- Crazy bullet
- Lightning bolt
- Mechanical beast
- Quick Lil freak
- Race machine
- The flash
4. Consider a funny experience with the car
Give your car a name based on a unique experience you’ve had with the car. For example, if your vehicle once survived hard weather conditions, you can call it “Tough Girl” or maybe cops have been pulling you over for no reason all the time, then you can name the car “Troublemaker.”
Need some funny car names? Check out these hilarious car names. These names are also funny truck names, so don’t hesitate to use them for your truck or jeep.
- Braking Bad
- Damsel in Distress
- Dirty Sanchez
- Drama Queen
- Lazy Bones
- New Noise
- Ugly Betty
- Used and Abused
- Won’t Start
Find More Funny Car Nicknames: 230+ Unique, Creative, and Funny Car Names
5. Use a Theme that describes the Car
You can also pick a name for your car based on themes. For example, you could go with a sexy car name, a cool name for your car, a badass name, a cute name, and if your car identifies as a male or female, you can use a gender-based car name.
Cool Car Nicknames
If you prefer a nerdy car name or any other cool nickname for your ride, the following are cool names for a truck, a car, a jeep, or any other 4-wheeled vehicle.
- Big Boy
- Billie Jean
- Fiery Wheels
- Knight Rider
- Mad Max
- Speedy Gonzales
- Tokyo Drift
Need a badass name for your ride? Check out the following badass names for cars, trucks, and any other badass vehicle you own.
- Death Row
- El Grande
- Hannicar Lecter
- Heavy Metal
- Miss Fortune
- Ozone Killer
- The Grim Reaper
Find More Badass Car Nicknames: Badass Car Nicknames: 550+ Badass Names for Cars
Need cute names to call your car or maybe you need a cute name for your truck? Here are some of the cutest car names around:
- Big girl
- Care Bear
- Cutie Pie
- Love Bug
- My Love
- Royal Carriage
Find More Cute Car Nicknames: Cute Car Names: 170+ Cute Names For Your Car
Car Names for Girls
If you have a sexy car or truck, you should try any of these girl car names and girl truck names:
- Aphrodite: This car is a goddess of beauty.
- Athena: After the Ancient Greek goddess of wisdom and war.
- Bella: After the Italian word for beautiful.
- Booty: A car with a beautiful rear-end design.
- Cleopatra: After the legendary empress of Ancient Egypt.
- Eve: Mother of all Cars.
- FAB1: After the car driven by Lady Penelope’s butler in the original Thunderbirds.
- Femme Fatale
- Foxy Lady
- Gold Digger
- Golden Girl
- Highway Diva
- Junk in the Trunk
- Kid Mover: The primary purpose of this car is to take your kids from point A to point B.
- Lady Luck: Only good things happen when you drive this car.
- Lady Penelope: A reference to the Thunderbirds.
- Little Lady: A perfect name for a small and elegant car.
- Lola: This name originates from the Spanish word Dolores, which means “sorrows.”
- Macarena: About the song ‘La Macarena’ by Los Del Rio.
- Malibu Stacy: After the Simpson spoof of Barbie.
- Mama’s Mercedes
- Naughty Boy
- Poison Ivy: After the Batman villain.
- Rhonda The Honda
- Scarlett O’Cara: Wordplay on the character Scarlett O’Hara from the film Gone with the Wind.
- Sexy Personality
- Sporty Spice
- Super-Charged Fire Pony
- The Good Listener
- The Motherwagon
- The Other Half
- Wonder Woman Wagon
- Xena Warrior Prius: Wordplay on Xena Warrior Princess, perfect for a Prius owner.
- XX: XX chromosome
Car Names for Guys
If your car is a bro for life, then you should consider using a male car name. Same applies for truck names:
- Anger Management: The perfect car to blow off some steam when you’re angry.
- Back Seat Fun
- Better Than My Wife
- Big Ole Nasty
- Billy Bob
- Boss Man
- Chick Magnet: Women just feel strangely drawn to this car.
- Curvy Babe
- Dirk Diggler: After the character from the film Boogie Nights.
- Flintstones-style: A good name for an old car.
- General Lee: After the car from Dukes of Hazzard.
- Golden Stud
- James Brown: The funkiest car around.
- Jump Start: Getting this car working takes a lot of physical effort.
- Junker: This car is a real piece of crap.
- King of Kings
- Lady Killa
- Lancelot: After one of the knights of the roundtable.
- My Bro
- Naughty Girl
- Pimped Out
- Pussy Wagon: In reference to Kill Bill.
- Radio Pounder
- Risky Business: After the film of the same name.
- Sex Machine: After the song of the same name by James Brown.
- Sound System
- Testosterone on Wheels
- The Girlfriend
- The Mistress
- The Widowmaker
- The Wife
- The Womanizer
- Xerxes: After the king of Ancient Persia.
6. Use Car Names from Movies
What are the best nicknames for a car? The best car names are famous names for cars from movies, books, and literature.
Here are some Brilliant Car Names from Movies and Books:
- Fire N’ Ice
- Lightning McQueen
- Mario Kart
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- Herbie the Love Bug
- Mystery Machine
- Mach Five
- Speed Racer
- The Haunted Car
- Hannibal Twin-8
- Black Beauty
- General Lee
- Party Wagon
- Turtle Taxi
- Lightning McQueen
- Battle Shell
7. Consider the Car’s License Plate
A car license plate is an excellent source of great nicknames for the car. Close friends and family recognize your vehicle by its number plate, so play into that an come up with a cool car name based on your license plate. For example, “Sammie” for a car registered in California.
8. Consider the Brand of the Car
Another thing you can do is to choose a creative nickname for your car based on its brand. For example, if you own a Mercedes-Benz, you can call it – The German masterpiece.
Here are some car nicknames based on car brands:
- The “Ultimate Driving Machine: BMW
- Bimmer/Beamer/Beemer: BMW
- Fat Dragon: Bugatti’s Veyron
- Chevrolet Camaro: Bumblebee
- Lamborghini: Big Bull
- Beast of The Green Hell: 2018 AMG GT R Coupe
- The Widowmaker: Porsche 930 Turbo
- Godzilla: The Nissan Skyline GT-R
- Clown shoe/Bread Van: BMW Z3
- Red Pig: Mercedes Benz 300 SEL 6.8 AMG
- Batmobile: BMW 3.0 CSL
- Moby-Dick: Porsche 935
- Pink Pig: The Porsche 917/2
- The Judge/Goat: Pontiac GTO
- Ladybug: Subaru 360
- The Brick: Volvo 200 Series
- Deuce and a Quarter: Buick Electra 225
- King of the Hill: Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
- Terminator: Ford SVT Mustang Cobra
- Breadvan: Ferrari 250 GT SWB
- Rambo Lambo: Lamborghini LM002
- Scooby/Rex/Bugeye: Subaru WRX
- Big Nasty: Chevrolet Corvette Z06
- Screaming Chicken: Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- Beetle/Bug: Volkswagen Type 1
Also, you can use names associated with the manufacturer’s country e.g. Adolf, Berlin, Naploleon etc.
Now, it is your turn to tell us what names you have for your car and the story behind the car name.
Find More Car Nicknames:
- 300+ Creative, Funny, and Badass Jeep Names
- Badass Car Nicknames: 550+ Badass Names for Cars
- 250+ Unique, Creative, and Funny Car Names
- Cute Car Names: 170+ Cute Names For Your Car
- 40+ Yellow Car Names and Gold Car Names
- Blue Car Names: 70+ Names for a Blue Car
- Black Car Names: 80+ Names for a Black Car
- Red Car Names: What Should I Name My Red Car?
- Silver Car Names: 60+ Names for a Silver Car
- Green Car Names: 80+ Names for a Green Car
- White Car Names: What Should I Name My White Car?