Finding a good nickname for the name Adrian could be more challenging than expected, which is why we have compiled a list of cute, funny, cool, and creative names you can call someone named Adrian.
The name Adrian is of Latin origin, which means ‘from HadriaPicena.’ Adrian is a form of ‘Adrianus’ or ‘Hadrianus.’ It is derived from Hadria, a town in northern Italy, named after the Adriatic Sea, which gets its name from the Roman Emperor Hadrian. Adrian was the name of several early Christian saints and martyrs.
The name may also come from the Latin word ‘atur,’ which means ‘black’ or ‘dark.’ The name only became popular in modern times, even though it has been in use since the Middle Ages.
The feminine forms are Adriana and Adrianne.
Table of Contents
Famous People Named Adrian
One of the fastest ways to find all the cool nicknames associated with a name is to consider the names and nicknames of famous people who answer the same name.
Here is a list of some famous people named Adrian:
- Pope Adrian I
- Pope Adrian II
- Adrian Alston – Australian soccer player
- Adrian Amos – American football player
- Adrian Goldsworthy – a British historian and author who specializes in ancient Roman history
- Adrian Edmondson – English actor, comedian, director, writer and musician
- Adrian Hanauer – American businessman
- Adrian Smith – an American architect who designed the world’s tallest structure, Burj Khalifa, as well as the building projected to surpass it, the Jeddah Tower, in Jeddah.
Famous Fictional Characters Named Adrian
Fictional characters named Adrian are also great names you can call someone named Adrian. Here is a list of some famous fictional characters named Adrian:
- Adrian Corbo – Alias Flex, a Marvel Comics superhero
- Adrian Ivashkov – Character in Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy
- Adrian Leverkühn – The protagonist of Thomas Mann’s Doctor Faustus
- Adrian Monk – The protagonist of the television series Monk
- Adrian Toomes – alias Vulture, a Marvel Comics villain
- Adrian Veidt – Alias Ozymandias, the character in the Watchmen graphic novel series
Popular Nicknames for Adrian
Here is a list of nicknames for Adrian. Some of these Adrian nicknames are cute, some are funny, and some are short forms of the name.
- Adi (A-Dee)
- Arie – A Dutch variant for Adrian.
- AD-man – Like advertising man.
- Adey – A variant for AD from Adrian.
- Aris – A nickname for Adrian of Dutch origin
- Dan – A nickname from letters in Adrian.
- Dreezy – A cool nickname for Adrian.
- Ace – any name that starts with “A” could use the nickname Ace.
- Aden – A nickname inspired by the Eden, the bib.
- AI – Meaning Awesome and Intelligent, a nickname from the fourth and fifth letters of Adrian.
- Adorjan – A Hungarian-rooted variant of Adrian.
- Adelene – A feminine diminutive of Adrian.
- Adriani – A feminine form of Adrien.
- Adrianne – A feminine diminutive of Adrian.
- Adriano – A Portuguese variant for Adrian
- Adrien – A French variant for Adrian.
- Android – Tech-inspired Adrian nickname.
- Hadrianus – The ancient Roman form of the name Adrian.
- Hadrien – A nickname for Adrian, who is French.
- Jadran – The Serbian variant of Adrian.
- Jadranko – A nickname for Adrian of Croatian origin.
- Rain – A nickname for Adrian gotten from rearranging the last four letters of the name.
- Rie – A Japanese name meaning ‘blessing’.
Now, it is your turn to add any funny, cool, or cute nickname for Adrian that is not on the list.