Finding the right nickname can seem like a difficult. So if you are looking for a nickname for Amber?
In this article, you will find the best nicknames for the name Amber, as well as helpful descriptions to help you find the perfect nickname.
But first, what is the origin and meaning of Amber?
Amber is a feminine name of Arabic origin which is derived from the Arabic word “amber” — a yellowish-brown fossilized tree resin.
The name Amber is said to mean “The Happy Stone” or “Jewel.”
The popularity of the name Amber grew immensely after the publication of the novel Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor.” In 2019, Amber ranked as the 67th most popular name in Netherland and the 55th most popular name in Scotland.
Table of Contents
Popular Nicknames for Amber
These nicknames are derived from the name itself and are often shortened versions that have become widely used. Here are popular nicknames for the name Amber:
Cute Nicknames for Amber
Cute nicknames can be formed by attaching terms of endearment to the name Amber. Here are some cute nicknames for someone named Amber:
- Jewel: From one of the meanings of the name Amber.
- Amburger: A pun on the word “Hamburger.”
- Bambie Barbie
- L’ambrette: In French, this means “Little Amber.”
- Orange: Inspired by one of the colors of an amber tree.
Cool Nicknames for Amber
Cool nicknames for Amber are derived by attaching suffixes or substituting the original name with cool phrases/words. Here are cool nicknames for someone named Amber:
- Childish Ambino: A pun inspired by the name of American actor and musician, Childish Gambino.
- Amb-itious: Pronounced as “ambitious.”
Famous People and Fictional Characters Named Amber
Celebrities and fictional characters are useful sources of nicknames, whether you choose to adopt one of their names/nicknames or recreate your own nickname from it. Here are famous people and fictional characters that bear the name Amber:
- Amber Levonchuck (also known as Amber Rose): An American model, actress, and recording artist.
- Amber Heard (also known as Mera after her role in Aquaman): An American actress and model.
- Amber Marshall (also known as Mother Nature): A Canadian actress and singer.
- Amber (also known as Amba): A fictional character in the anime series, Darker than Black.
- Princess Amber (also known as The Princess/Princess): A fictional character in the popular American animated series Sofia the first.
Variants of Amber
Variants of Amber in other languages can be a suitable nickname if you’re looking for a nickname with a similar meaning to the original name. Here are some variants of Amber:
- Ambre: A French variant of the name Amber.
- Ambra: An Italian variant of the name Amber.
- Ambrette: A French variant of the name Amber.
- Amberly: An English variant of the name Amber.
Are there other great nicknames for Amber that aren’t on our list? Kindly share them with us in the comments section below!
19 thoughts on “40+ Creative Nicknames for Amber”
I usually get called Ambee, or Ambo. But one of the annoyances of the name Amber is that people miss pronounce my name as “Ember” way to often!
my lil sister and my teachers calls me ambie
My middle name is amber but i mostly go by it. Most of my friends call me ami (am-e) if not then my full name.
My moms bestfriends 6 year old son always called me hamburger and would laugh. My grandpa calls me amberini (amber-e-knee). My half brother called me am-am for the first 5-6 years of his life.
My dad would call me “ambird”
4 me it was Ambie Bambi
My dad calls me “mosquito sap” to funny
Yo these are sick, I have a house mate called Amber and Amberoni is a better name than I ever could have conceived of.
I have twin girls called Amber-May and Juliea-Rose, my nickname for Amber is: Ammy or bambi and my nickname for Juliea is: Juls or JJ.
It is so funny to see how many of us are called “Amber Bamber” lol that is my nickname as well.
That’s what I get called
My mom and dad call me “Ambey” or “Ambs”. But my dads close calls me “Amba Bamba”.
my cousins call me ambear or amber bamber
My dad misspelled my name as “Ambear” on my dentistry record, so my mom teases him and calls me that all the time.
My twin sister called me “Ber-Ber” as a baby cause she couldn’t say “Amber”
I’m a twin and they all call me Ber!
My old friend would call me amberghini (like lamborghini) lol
My Dad always called me, “Amber Bamber”, as a nickname.
These are very interesting nicknames for the name Amber. That is all I have to say…….