If you have been searching for nicknames for girls, then you will find this post useful.
Most times, the relationship you have with a girl determines the type of pet name to call her.
Obviously, you cannot call your younger sister a sexy nickname as that is just plain creepy but a sexy nickname for your girlfriend is totally appropriate.
For this reason, this article covers almost all types of nicknames you can call a lady.
Table of Contents
How to come up with Nicknames for Girls
The best way to come up with a nickname for a girl is to give her a name based on her appearance, personality, mannerisms, or modify her name by adding a cute or funny suffix.
Tips on How to Come up with a Nickname for a Girl
- Give her a nickname based on her Personality
For example, you could use Bug as a nickname for a stubborn or annoying girl.
- Give her a name based on Her Appearance
For example, Red as a nickname for a girl with Red hair.
- Give her a name based on her mannerisms
For example, Giggles as a nickname for a girl that giggles a lot.
- Give her a nickname based on Something She Did
For example, you could use Pukey as a reference to the time she puked in your car.
- Modify Her Name
For example, you could use Abbie for a lady named Abigail and Katey Boo, for a girl named Kate.
- Give her a name from a Movie, Video Game, or Book
For example, you could use Red Witch from Game of Thrones as a nickname for a mean girl.
- Give her a nickname based on her role in your Life
Cute names such as “Boo,” “Honey,” or “Babe,” “Love” are perfect for a girlfriend, sister, or daughter.
Best Nicknames for Girls
- Baby Girl
- My Everything
Nicknames for a Girlfriend
- Baby Girl
- Baby Boo
- My Everything
- Cutie/Cutie pie
- One and Only
- Hot Cake
- Better half
- Chicken Nugget
- Care Bear
- Eye Candy
For more nicknames for a girlfriend, check out our list of Girlfriend nicknames.
Nicknames for a Daughter
- Baby Girl
- My Love
- Little Bee
- Li’l Queen
- Tiny One
Nicknames for a Crush
- Miss Perfect
- Candy Eyes
For more nicknames for a crush, check out our list of super cute nicknames for a crush.
Nicknames for a Female friend
- BFF (Best Friend Forever)
- My Beech
For more nicknames for a female friend, check out our list of Female Bestie nicknames.
Nicknames for a Sister
- Baby Sister/Big Sister
- Lil’ One
- Drama Queen
- Little Turkey
- Hermana/Hermanita: It means ‘sister’ and “little sister” in Spanish.
For more sister nicknames, check out our list of nicknames for sisters.
Nicknames for a Cousin
- Baby Cuz
- Partner in Crime
- Better Half
Nicknames for a Tall Girl
- Olive Oyl: Olive Oyl, later renamed Popeye is a cartoon character.
- Long Island
- Miss Skyscraper
- Big Bird
- Lady Long Legs (Tripple L)
- Cloud Kidnapper
- Long Bean
For more nicknames for tall girls, check out our list of nicknames for tall girls.
Nicknames for a Short Girl
- Chicken Nugget
- Tea Cup
- Shot Glass
If you need more nicknames for short girls, check out our list of nicknames for short girls.
Nicknames for a Fat Girl
- Sweet Donut
- Grande: The Spanish word for big.
- Ursala: The Little Mermaid.
Nicknames for a Skinny Girl
- Stem Legs
- Gawky Legs
- Miss Long-Limbed
Nicknames for a Beautiful Girl
- Hot Stuff
- Hot Sauce
- Cutie Pie
- Angel Eyes
Nicknames for a Girl with Red Hair
Cute Nicknames for Girls
- Baby doll
- Baby girl
- Sexy pants
- Angel pie
- Sugar lips
- Angel Eyes
- Angel Face
- Angel Heart
- Baby Bear
- Baby Boo
- Baby Cakes
- Baby Doll
- Baby Face
- Boo Boo
- Cute Bunny
- Cutie Head
- Cutie Pants
- Cutie Patootie
- Cutie Pie
- Guardian Angel
- Lucky Charm
- Pop Tart
For more cute nicknames for ladies, check out this list of cute nicknames for girls.
Sweet Nicknames for Girls
- Sugar Puff
- Kit Kat
- Sweet tooth
Funny Nicknames for Girls
- Half Pint
- Big Mouth
- Angry Bird
- Lil Shit
- Chicken Wings
Badass Nicknames for Girls
- Hebe: Hebe was considered the divine personification of everlasting youth and beauty.
- Hera: Also known as the goddess of marriage and birth.
- Hestia: Also known as the ancient Greek goddess of the hearth
- Gangsta Baby
- Leto: Leto is considered as the goddess of motherhood.
- Miss Independent (M.I)
- Nemesis: Nemesis was the goddess of retribution.
- Aphrodite: Goddess of beauty, love, and desire.
- Artemis: Artemis is popularly known as the goddess of hunting and the natural environment, among other things.
- Athena: The goddess of wisdom, reasoning, and intelligence.
- Chica: Chica means ‘girl’ in Spanish.
- Domi: Short for dominator.
- First Lady
Sexy Nicknames for Girls
- Hot Stuff
- Sugar Lips
Mean Nicknames for Girls
- Tree Goblin
- Crazy Eyes
Spanish Nicknames for Girls
- (Mi) Alma: my soul.
- Amada: darling.
- Amante: lover.
- (Mi) Amor: my love.
- (Mi) Angelita: guardian angel.
- Azúcar: Sugar.
- Bebé: baby.
- Bella: beautiful.
- Bombón: sweetie.
- Bonita: Cutie.
- Cariña: dear or darling.
- (Mi) Chiquilla: little girl.
- Chiquita: little one.
- (Mi) Corazón: my heart.
- Guapa: gorgeous/beautiful
- Hermosa: beautiful.
- Princesa: princess
- (Mi) Reina: my queen.
- (Mi) Tesoro: my treasure.
- Mi Vida: my life.
For more Spanish nicknames for ladies, check out this list of cute, funny, and cool Spanish nicknames.
Italian Nicknames for Girls
- Bella: Beautiful.
- Vita Mia: My life.
- Cara Mia: My beloved.
- Carina: Sweetheart.
- Dolcezza: Sweetheart.
- Mia Bellissima: My beautiful.
- Tesoro Mio: My treasure.
- Cuore Mio: My heart.
- Amore: Love.
- Passerotta: Little sparrow.
- Bambolina: Little doll.
- Stella/Stellina: Star/Little Star.
- Chicca: female friend or girl.
- Sposa: Bride.
- Bellezza: Beauty.
- Cucciola: Little puppy
- Piccola: Little one.
- Topolina: Little mouse.
- Patatina: Little potato.
- Gattina: kitten.
- Principessa: Princess.
- Fiore: Flower.
- Anima mia: My Soul.
- Angelo: Angel.
- Bambina: Little girl.
For more Italian nicknames for ladies, check out these popular Italian nicknames.
French Nicknames for Girls
- Mon Amour: My Love.
- Mon Ange: My Angel.
- Mon Trésor: My Treasure.
- Mon Coeur: My Dear/My Love/My Sweetheart.
- Mon Canard: My Duck.
- Ma Chère: My Dear.
- Ma Chérie: My Dear/Sweetheart.
- Mon Chou: Honey/Baby/Sweetie.
- Ma Douce: My Soft One/Sweetie.
- Ma Puce: My Flea.
- Ma Belle: Baby/Sweetheart/Honey.
- Ma Princesse: My Princess/My Little Princess.
- Mon Doudou: My Soft One/My Blankie.
- Frangine: Sis/Sister.
- Sœurette: Little Sister/Sis.
- Mon Lapin: My Rabbit/Sweetheart
- Mon Nounours: My Teddy Bear.
- Ma Précieuse: My Precious.
- Ma Petite: My Little Love.
- Mon Mignon: My Cutie.
- Ma Biche/Bichette: My Doe/My Little Doe/Darling.
- Mon Poussin: My Chick/Sweetheart.
- Ma Colombe: My Dove.
- Mon Bijou: My Jewel.
- Ma Tigresse: My Tigress.
- Mon Sucre D’orge:My Little Candy/Sugar Pie.
- Ma Choupinette: My Cutie/Sweetheart.
- Ma Poupée: My Little Doll/Babydoll.
- Ma Reine: My Queen/My Lady.
- Ma Caille: My Quail/My Goose/Sweetie.
For more French nicknames for ladies, check out these popular French nicknames.
German Nicknames for Girls
- Schatz: Treasure.
- Mausi: Mouse/Love.
- Hase: Bunny.
- Liebling: Darling.
- Liebchen: Little Love
- Süsse: Sweetie.
- Herzblatt: Sweetheart.
- Schnecke: Snail/Chick.
- Perle: Pearl.
- Rose/Röschen: Rose/Little Rose
- Stern/Sternchen: Star/Little Star
- Zuckerschnute: Sweetheart.
- Augenweide: Eye Candy/Beautiful
- Angebetete: Beloved/Adorable
- Dornröschen: Sleeping Beauty
- Blume/Blümchen: Flower/Little Flower/Pretty
- Allerliebste: Favourite/Love of My life
- Sahneschnitte: Cream Cake/Cutie
- Biene/Bienchen: Bee/Little Bee/Sweetie
- Kaktusblüte: Cactus Flower/Beautiful and Dangerous at the same time.
- Sonnenblume: Sunflower/Pretty.
- Schlafmütze: Sleepyhead
- Seelenpartner: Soulmate.
- Liebe meines Lebens: Love of my Life.
- Sonnenschein: Sunshine.
- Engel/Engelchen: Angel/Little Angel.
- Juwel: Jewel/Gem
- Schnuckiputzi: Cutie Pie.
- Knuddel/Knuddelkätzchen: Cuddles/ Little Cuddle Cat.
- Schöne: Pretty/Beauty
For more German nicknames for ladies, check out this list of popular German pet names.
Indian Nicknames for Girls
- Jaan: Darling/Dear
- Anmol: Priceless/Precious.
- Chand: The moon/someone that lights up your world.
- Cheeni: Sugar/Sweetheart.
- Dilruba: Sweetheart/Heartrobber.
- Guddi/ Gudiya: Baby Doll/Beautiful
- Huur: Fairy/Angel.
- Jaanu: Dear/Beloved/Darling/Sweetheart/Honey.
- Inayat: A beautiful blessing.
- Kudi: A cute Punjabi word meaning chick/girl.
- Maahi: Beloved/Darling.
- Mehbooba: An Urdu word meaning sweetheart.
- Meethi: Sweetheart/Sweetnesses.
- Noorie/Noor: Light of my Life.
- Piya: Love/Beloved/Darling.
- Premika: Girlfriend/Lover.
- Pyari: Darling.
- Sona: Gold/Sweetheart.
- Behen/ Behena: Sister.
- Begum: Princesses/Queen.
- Chammak Challo: Fashionista/Fancy-pants
- Chikni: Beautiful or Sexy Girl.
- Chokri: Girl/Babe/Chick.
- Choti: Petite girl or someone who younger than you.
- Chutki: Fun-sized.
- Gappi: Chatterbox.
- Gundi: Ghetto girl/Thugette.
- Haseena: A beautiful, mesmerizing woman.
- Ladli: Favourite/The Dearest One.
- Nanhi: Petite.
- Nautanki: Drama Queen.
- Pagli: Psycho.
- Pari: Fairy/Angel.
- Pataka: Firecracker/Hottie
- Raani: Queen/Diva.
- Rotlu: Crybaby/Whiner
- Saheli: Trustworthy friend.
- Shehzaadi: Princess.
- Titli: Butterfly/Adorable.
- Yaara: Buddy.
For more Indian pet names for ladies, check out this list of awesome Indian nicknames.
Turkish Nicknames for Girls
- Aşkitom: My sweet love.
- Şekerim: My sugar.
- Tatlım: My sweetie.
- Tatlış: My sweetie.
- Bebek: Babe.
- Güzel: Beautiful
- Bal dudak: Honey lips.
- Dünyam: My world.
- Güzelim: My beauty.
- Kraliçem: My queen.
- Kurabiyem: My cookie.
- Minnoşum: My little and sweet thing.
- Meleğim: My angel.
- Sevdiceğim: My sweetheart.
- Prensesim: My princess.
- Rüyam: My dream.
- Balım: My honey.
- Bebeğim: My baby
- Ahududum: My raspberry.
- Biriciğim: My one and only.
- Cennetim: My heaven.
- Sarı papatyam: Blondie.
- Sultanım: My sultan, my queen.
- Yarim: My love.
- Afet: Beautiful lady
For more Turkish pet names for ladies, check out this list of Turkish nicknames.
Nigerian Nicknames for Girls
- Ife mi: “My love” in the Yoruba language.
- Ayanfe: “Beloved/Soulmate” in the Yoruba language.
- Ololufe: “My love/Darling” in the Yoruba language.
- Iyawo: “Wife/Girlfriend” in the Yoruba language.
- Ewa: “Beautiful” in the Yoruba language.
- Adanma: “Beautiful princess” in the Igbo language.
- Usom: “My sweetie” in the Igbo language.
- Ola edo’m: “Precious gold” in the Igbo language.
- Onyenkem: “Mine” in the Igbo language.
- Obim: “My heart” in the Igbo language.
- Zuciyata: “My heart” in the Hausa language.
- Kambi na: “My Crown” in the Hausa language.
- Masoyina: “My love” in the Hausa language.
- Sonraina: “Love of My Life” in the Hausa language.
- Ta wa: “Mine” in the Hausa language.
For more Nigerian pet names for ladies, check out this list of Nigerian nicknames.
Korean Nicknames for Girls
- Jagiya/Jagi: Honey/Darling/Babe
- Nae Sarang: My love.
- Yeobo: Honey/darling; it is used by married couples.
- Aein: Sweetheart.
- Aegiya: A sweet way of saying “baby/babe.”
- Naekkeo: Mine/my sweetheart.
- Gonjunim: Princess.
Finding The Perfect Nickname for Her
- Try out the Nickname: Before you commit to a nickname for her, first, you have to gauge her reaction to the pet name. For example, If you are going to your daughter “Sweetie-Boo-Boo,” it might be a good idea to see her reaction when you use the name before you stick with the nickname.
- Use a unique nickname for her: If she’s your girlfriend, crush, or close friend, don’t give her a nickname you have called someone else. For example, you want to avoid any nickname or pet name you have used for an ex or a close friend.
- Avoid offensive nicknames: When using nicknames from other cultures, or when you give someone a name based on their race, it is so easy to get it wrong. So, it is best to ask around before using the name or ask them if they like it. For example, you don’t want to call your African American bestie – Caramel, she could find it offensive.
- Use Simple and Catchy Nicknames: Avoid nicknames that are difficult to pronounce. If it is too complicated, it won’t stick. The best nicknames are simple nicknames that make the person happy. It does not have to be cute or romantic, it can be funny or even a bit mean, remember that not everyone loves cheesy names.
- Avoid Nicknames Entirely: Don’t force it, if she hates nicknames, and her feelings count, consider not using a nickname for her. Rather, you can use a contact name for her. So instead of calling her “Eye Candy,” you can store her contact name as “Eye Candy” with a Candy emoji.
Also, you can try our nickname generator to find more unique nicknames for a lady.
121 thoughts on “400+ Fantastic Nicknames For Girls (Crush or Friend)”
I am having an crush. Her name is Ayushi. I was also finding a name, from which I can call her Now and In future also, when she will my GF. The name is (Cutie Pie). You can call this to your crush and GF also. It means a very cute,beautiful,girl
I like the names Leeann, Felony, Tuffy and Christy and i have two best female friends the other one is short and stuborn and the one is my age mate with good character and i need to give them each. If there is any other names that match them, please mention them.
What is a good nickname for my girlfriend named Leeann?
what is your gf like then i could prob help u
For savanna I prefer “ Banana” and for gage “Alli”
What’s a good nick name for me savanna
And my boyfriend gage
What’s a good gf nickname for Rhonda?
Pls tell me for subha
What’s a good nickname for Mylene and skyla
like a ship name? i’d say either skylene or myla
Im only here for a girl I like. She fine as hell
Shadow would have been perfect but that’s what her ex calls her…
I call my bae Sleeping beauty cause shes always tired
what is a good name for hannah
Here you go: 70+ Delightful Nicknames for Hannah
What is a good nickname for Afrida? Please I want one… and I am not getting the perfect one, my friend is rokeya and she is called roxy that’s so cool!
Afi, Afrid, Frida, Ryda.
A good nickname for Rita
She’s beautiful kind crazy rebellious spiritual dirty and am just clueless as to shat name I should give her
Ritz, Riff, Reaper, Rita-Boo, Rita-D (Offensive)
What’s a good nickname for me to use since I’m a graphic designer? I love Angels, Butterflies, flowers, and I’m kinda a rebel because I’m stubborn. But my husband is black do I’m not sure about using rebel angel..
What is good nickname for vaibhavi?
Bhavi, Havi, Harvey, Vaiby
What is a good nickname for McKenna??
Mac, Mackie, M.K, Ken, Kenna, Kennie
I chose “Amazon Shadow” i like really love it!!!
Try ‘A’ or ‘Av’ maybe even ‘bird’ or ‘birdy’
Because Avery is another word for a large birdcage 🙂
What’s a good nickname for Avery?
Avie, Avy, Avs, Avalanche, Varys, Avah, Avstar, Avatar.
How about Nikola? (Nikol)
NiK, Niko, Nicks, Cole, Koala, Nickiboo, Nickles
what is a good nickname based on name Earny
Earn, Henny, Many, Anybody, Anyhoo, Any-boo, Any-Love
Ilike half print
What’s a food nickname for “Whitney”?
What is a perfect Nick name for the name Urooj.
what is good nickname for neda 😀
what is a good nickname based on name Anayra & Mayra
Ayra, Manara, Mana
Please don’t call your girl slutty…….just don’t.
ok like wtf
what is a good nickname for Hina hint.
What’s a sexy Nick name for Yolanda
Yolanda is a sexy nick name for yolanda
whats a good nickname for Ahryanna
Anna, Arya, Anna-bear, Yana, Ryanna, Rihanna
What abt the name Anna?
Ann, Anne, Nana, Lana, Annie, Annabelle, Anabella, Ana-bear, Ana-boo.
Ummm, what is good nickname for “Carol“
Carrie, Carebear, Cara
Carol Baskin (jk) I think CareBesr
Her name is “Shreya”
She is a talkactive girl
With tending Smile need to keep a Good nick.Name for her
“Smile” isn’t a bad nickname. Neither is “Dory,” “Goofy,” or “Olaf.”
Reya, Ray, Yaya
What is a good name for Zahara?
Zara, Z, Zizi
whats a good nickname based on the name ellie?
EllieBear is a cute name xD
Best nickname for my name stephenie
I love all the names especially candy
What is a good nickname for a tall girl that awkward and goofy but kind and does not like to smile alot
What is a good nickname based on name Sharmila
Mila, Sharla, Sharla Cat, Shar Mia, Lala
what is a good nickname based on name Marlene
MarMar, LeeLee, Marla, Leenee, NeeNee
a good name for games could be dancin cookies or dancin donuts or the little devils.There is also female rooster or naughty angel
What is a good nickname based on name alfredinah
what is a good nickname based on name Elody?
My nickname growing up was magpie.i used to always think because of my older brothers that my parents were calling me a maggot pie. Well my mother finally told me what a magpie was years later. In a way it seemed insulting but it was & still is very fitting. Here’s what Google said about people being called A magpie…
A magpie is a loud-voiced black and white bird. If someone calls you a magpie, you should probably quiet down. … You might describe your chatterbox neighbor as a magpie — and the word itself comes from the nickname Mag, short for Margaret and commonly used in slang English to mean “idle chattering.”
What’s the best nickname based on the man hanniel
What is a good nickname based on the name treasure
Queen Marie…i hope u like it!!!
What is the good nickname based on name Aliha?
what is a good nicknam for claretta
Claretta is already a beautiful name. But I think Clare, Clarity, and Loretta are good nicknames.
what is a good nickname based on the name myrie??????????????????????
What is the good nick name for kajol
Kay, Kaj, Kaji
But also my nickname when i was younger was Chico. Not Chica, Chico! I loved it but only my bro would call me that but he moved out later so no more Chico… i was upset but now my nickname is Prissy and if not that, Baby. It changed so much but now im used to it! i only came here so when i play on roblox when i rp and im the parent i can call the child these nicknames! it should work males too though i mean its 2019 genders dont really even matter anymore. You can be a sissy, tomboy, transgender, lesbian, gay. it dont matter so why should these? exactly it dont! well now i got the nicknames thanks alot for them i may come back if i forget one too! but dont remove the website please dont go~!!!
I have this friend and Chica means girl and chico means boy and even tho I’m the girl and he’s the boy we would always call each other the opposite for nn lol I would be like hey chica and he’s like sup chico I just find it funny
Im here for the same thing, lol. I was confused what nickname I should call meh kid on Roblox. Also I agree, genders should’t matter.
I like the nicknames Shadow, Fluffy, Wonder Woman, Boo Boo Kitty, and Amazon.
I like the nicknames Gangsta Baby, sweetums, firecracker, JuJu babe, Jade bear, Queen Leah N alliebear ……………….
what if a call you candy
Its 4 smone dats sweet, gentle and nice
It means you are as sweet as candy