Are you looking for good nicknames to call someone named Hannah? In this article, we share all the cute, funny, cool, creative, and popular nicknames for Hannah we know. Fingers crossed; you will find the perfect pet name for your Hannah.
The name Hannah is derived from the Hebrew name “Channah” meaning “favor” or “grace.” The Puritans in the 16th and 17th centuries are responsible for the modern spelling of “Hannah.”
Hannah is a popular female name, especially among Christians. In the Old Testament of the Bible, Hannah was the name of Elkanah’s wife, the mother of the prophet Samuel.
Also, a lot of famous people have been named Hannah.
Table of Contents
Famous People Named Hannah
Famous people or fictional characters are a popular source of nicknames. So, if you are named Hannah, it isn’t hard to imagine people calling you Hanna Montana (the popular Disney character).
The following are famous people named Hannah:
- Hannah Adams (American author)
- Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo (Nigerian businesswoman and politician)
- Hannah Dakota Fanning (American actress popularly known as Dakota Fanning)
- Hannah Gross (Canadian actress)
- Hannah Robinson (British Songwriter)
- Hannah Semer (Israeli Journalist)
- Hannah Vogt (German historian)
- Hannah (Australian pop singer)
- Hannah Teter (American Snowboarder)
- Hanna Reitsch (German aviatrix, Nazi test, the only woman ever awarded the Iron First Class)
- Hannah Ware (English model and actress)
- Hannah Simone (Canadian television hostess, actress, and former fashion model)
Fictional Characters who Bear Hannah:
These are some popular fictional characters named Hannah:
- Hannah Abbot (Harry Potter character)
- Hannah Montana (Hannah Montana Disney Show)
- Hanna Marin (Pretty Little Liars)
- Hannah Baker (13 Reasons Why)
- Hannah Mckay (Dexter)
Short Nicknames for Hannah
The most obvious choice for nicknames is a short form of the name. The following are popular short forms of the name Hannah:
- Ana – Most popular short form of Hannah.
- Ann – A short form of Hannah.
- Hanna – Welsh pronunciation for Hannah.
- Han – The first three letters of Hannah.
- Hanny – Hebrew origin meaning “Grace.”
- Nan – A strong, beautiful Hannah.
- Hammy – A dramatic Hannah.
- Annie – A short form for Hanny.
- Hanns – Alternate spelling of Hans.
- Han Han – A cute and adorable Hannah.
- Hani – An overly excited Hannah
- Nany – A strong-willed Hannah.
- Hanners – A pet form of Hann.
Cute Nicknames for Hannah
Hannah is such a cute name, but what’s even sweeter are these cute Hannah nicknames:
- Hannahgail – A very happy Hannah.
- Hannie Bear – A cute little Hannah.
- Hannahbee – A cute Hannah nickname.
- Hannah Panda – A cute, cuddly Hannah.
- Harnie – An ambitious Hannah.
- Hansbonanas – Your best friend called Hannah.
- Nana – An amazing Hannah.
- Anna – A cognate of the Hebrew Hannah.
- Nah Nah – An overly serious Hannah.
- Ha Ha – A Hannah who laughs at her own jokes.
- Hanny Toodle – A young Hannah just learning to walk.
- Hannah Lou – A gorgeous Hannah.
- Hannah-lou-li-lo – An exaggeration of Hannah Lou.
- Hannah Hunnie – A Hannah, you love a lot.
- Han-a-land – A Hannah that lives in her own world.
- Hannah Banana – A mushy Hannah.
- Hannah Love – A Hannah you are in love with.
- Hanny Pants – A funny Hanny.
- Hanna Munckin – A cute pet name for a true sweetheart.
Funny Nicknames for Hannah
Finding funny nicknames for anyone can be difficult. For Hannah, not so much, Hannah rhymes with many things and it could be used as a prefix for almost any word. Here is a list of the funny nicknames for Hannah we know:
- Anastasia – If you are named Hannah, it isn’t uncommon for people to mistake your name as a short form of Anastasia. Even after correcting them, they would rather nickname you Anastasia than revert to your real name.
- Hurricane Hannah – A Hannah that leaves a mess lying around.
- Hannah Bug – A petite Hannah.
- Buggy Hannah – A youthful Hannah.
- Hannah Spanner – A Hannah that knows her way around tools.
- Hanny Fanny – A very funny and smart, Hannah.
- Hanny Nannany – An elderly Hannah.
- Hanna Montana – A pretentious Hannah; a reference to the Disney movie Hannah Montana.
- Hanakin – A Hannah, who loves holidays.
- Hannaballs – A mean wordplay on the more common Hannah nickname; Anabelle.
- Hanal – Perhaps, the meanest and cruelest of them all. If you take out the letter “H” from this nickname, you will understand why it is the meanest Hannah nickname on the list.
Creative Nicknames for Hannah:
These cleverly constructed nicknames for Hannah would be great for anyone named Hannah. So, if your daughter, sister or friend, then these Hannah nicknames are an excellent choice:
- Shiloh Hour – We already mentioned how Hannah is a biblical name. What you probably don’t know is that Hannah was the woman praying like a drunkard because of her Bareness. Hence, the reason why a creative nickname for Hannah can be “Shiloh Hour,” or in some cases “Shiloh Hannah.”
- Hannaconda – A reference to “Anaconda” by Nicki Minaj.
- Anesthesia – It rhymes with Hannah. You can also use this as a cute nickname for someone who takes your pain away.
- Hannalia – A very expressive Hannah.
- Hanna Belle – The sweetest yet quickest Hannah.
- Hannalisa – A beautiful Hannah.
- Hanalise – Alternate spelling of Hannahlece.
- Han Solo – Reference to the Star Wars character Han Solo.
- Hannable – A perfect health, Hannah.
- Hanavarna – A smart and amazing Hannah.
- Haryana – Abode of God.
- Hanita – A kind Hannah.
- Hanneza – A lucky Hannah.
Cool Nicknames for Hannah
Do you think your Hannah is cool? Cool enough that she deserves a cool nickname? Cool nicknames are also useful for Gamertags or usernames. Here is our list of cool Hannah nicknames:
- Hannibal – A reference to the character; Hannibal Lecter
- Hansie – A serious Hannah.
- Hanky – A positive Hannah.
- Hannable – A perfect health, Hannah.
- Hanne – An intelligent Hannah.
- Hayna – A cute Hannah.
- Hottie Hannah – An attractive Hannah.
- Hansy – A classy Hannah
- Nayah – A gorgeous, perfect and charming Hannah.
- Hanners – A trend-setting Hannah.
- Hannah Core – A tough Hannah.
- Hannerz – Hanner with a Z.
- Hannie Doll – A Hannah that reminds you of a doll.
- Nanny – An overprotective Hannah
- Havalard – Alternate form of Havana.
- Hannah Storm – An iconic, elegant Hannah.
- Hannah K – After the 1983 drama film.
We do not know it all, so if you are named Hannah and we have left out a nickname you have been called in the past, please leave us a comment with the nickname.
Also, if you know any nickname for Hannah we might have missed, you are also welcomed to write it in the comment section.
57 thoughts on “70+ Delightful Nicknames for Hannah”
The names I was given “tears”
So my girl is Anna love, sweetest name to my ears
my full name is hannah louvelle rio
but they just call me hannah
i love the nickname hannahlou perfect for my name❤
They left out Hannah Banana. My friends call me that all the time just to annoy me lol.
same but with family sometime friends
hanaconda was soo funny, but hanabands is a nickname i use, Also my friend calls me ” hanii “
I love my name.
Hannalei, or Hanalei too also Huckabee Hannah, or huckleberry Hannah… hannahlee or Hannah Elisabeth
I love the Ha Ha one hahahaha
My family calls me Hammy or Hamster!Lol
My name is Hanna But these are great ways for nicknames!
I love Hannah hunnie
lol my name is Hannah and i like bees????
Sometimes my mom calls me “Hanna Banana” I told her to stop, but I got used to it and now I don’t really mind
Gail is my middle name so seeing “hannahgail” was weird
my mom calls me nuh like han(nuh) my name is spelled hannah but i don’t really like it spelled like that so i have it as hanuh all the time
I once had a birthday cake and the patisserie wrote “Happy Birthday Hammer” on it. Kinda stuck.
My family some times calls me Hamen???? or Hani, Banana, Hannah Banana,
All of them are great my grandma calls me HannahMarie and my mom calls hannahbug or Sissy
My name is Hannah ofc. my family calls me Han or Hannah Montana or Hannah Banana so yea hahahah
You forgot Han Man
bruh, why isnt hanster on here?
i get called Jannah Ho or YAMMA sometimes????✋
I saw lots of cute and funny nicknames but I didn’t see one that my mom calls me and that nickname is Hannahbear.
MY MOM CALLS ME THAT
Hi Hannah, I have that same nickname. My grandmother calls me hannahbear
my mom calls me Sissy when she either needs, or me wants me or she just called me that out of nowhere
I’ve called my daughter Hannahbear since she was 4 yrs old!!! She’s 28 yrs old now!!! I think she likes her nickname… Have a blessed day!!!
My mimi calls me “Hannah-Bell” because my mom’s maiden name is “Bell”!
Ngl I just get called Hannah, or Darling or Squidgy (don’t ask ????). Wouldn’t use any of these x
My fav is Nayah. My friends love it too!!
I thought they were great. My family actually calls me Han Han but that’s because my little brother started calling me that when he was first starting to talk. They also call me doublewide Han Han Lol
lol my lil sis calls yannah or yan yan
I love them all ❤ …A friend calls me Anastasia ????…
Haha they are very cool! My friends also like to call me Han – Solo xD (Star Wars reference)
I personally prefer Hannie,because I´m a huge Michael Jackson fan and in his song Smooth Criminal you can easily turn the “Annie, are you okay?” into a “Hannie, are you okay?” 😀
i like some of them
It was okay, I just wished I could be called Opal! 🙂
I have a friend named Opal!! She’s a sweetie!!
it was ok 🙁 🙂
i personally LOVE this site. i used to call my hannah, binky so this gave me new options. thank you
my best friend’s name is Hannah. she is very fast and cool. I call her Lambohannah.
“vroooooom,” she says
this comment nearly made me piss myself with laughter thank you
its good I love hannahconda
very creative and cute… I was searching for more realistic ones though. overall very good site 🙂
people call me hanouni which is cute lol
funny and gets along with everyone and lots of energy ahahahahhah
I love the nicknames all of it.It is so funny mostly the hannahballs??
my middle name is Jo so I like that one.
None of these are good. >:(
Not true.. they are all amazing
my personal fav is “hanal”
My dad calls me “Hannoy”
So not true