Are you having a hard time coming up with a suitable nickname for someone named Olivia?
Nicknames are supposed to be easy; however, finding the perfect nickname for a loved one can be hard. It becomes more complicated when you are trying to come up with a nickname based on someone’s name; in this case, someone named Olivia.
But as mentioned earlier, nicknames are supposed to be fun, which is why in this article, we’ve put together the biggest list of nicknames for Olivia, as well as a description of each nickname to help you select the perfect one!
But first, what’s the origin of the name Olivia?
Table of Contents
Origin and Meaning of Olivia
Olivia was derived from the Latin word Oliva (Olive) which means Olive Tree (Olive branches are also known to represent a symbol of peace!). Olivia was popularized in 1602 by William Shakespeare in his comedy Twelfth Night.
Olivia is one of the most beautiful names a female could bear, but who doesn’t love an equally beautiful nickname just for the fun of it? Here’s our list of some of the best nicknames for Olivia!
Short Nicknames for Olivia
Have you been considering going for a nickname that’s as brief as they come? Something short enough to be personalized on a piece of jewelry or an item? Here are a couple of the simplest nicknames perfect for an Olivia:
- Li Li – Pronounced as “Lee-Lee.”
Cute Nicknames for Olivia
Are you looking for a sweet and adorable nickname? Something for a charming lady named Olivia? Here are some cute Olivia nicknames:
- Olivia Muffins
- Olivia Nuggets
- Ollie Hun – An adorable pet name for Olivia.
- Ollie Boo
- Ollie Baby
- Ollie Luv
- Olivia Queen – A cute Olivia nickname, which is also a reference to Oliver Queen in Arrows.
- Oli CoCo
- Libby – A Hebrew-rooted pet name interpreted as “beloved.”
- Livvy – A Latin variant of the name Olivia.
- Oliwia – A Polish variant that is known for being popular in Britain.
- Ollie Pollie
Funny Nicknames for Olivia
Does this Olivia have a comical personality that deserves a witty nickname? Here are some playful nicknames to bestow on your Olivia:
- Nollie – A popular nickname for Olivia; perfect for an Olivia that is a proper Debbie Downer.
- Olive Garden
- Olive Oil
- Li Loo-Loo
Cool Nicknames for Olivia
How about a nickname suitable as an online username, or one that sounds as cool as that special Olivia? Here are some of the best options to choose from:
- Big O
- Ollie Rockstar
- Oliannah – Pronounced as “Oh-lee-an-ah.”
- Olivette – An elaborate variant of the name, with Latin and English roots.
- Olivja – A Finnish variant of Olivia.
- Olivina – Interpreted literally as “The olive tree.”
- Oliviya – A Spanish variant for an Olivia.
- Vivvy – A nickname meaning “Life” in English.
- Olive – A beautiful nickname which signifies tranquility or peace.
- Olyvia – An English version of the name.
- Livvy Divvy
- Olle – A Swedish variant of the name.
- Oliwja – A Polish variant of the name Olivia.
- Oliviosa – A Latin-rooted nickname, adapted from Harry Potter’s “wingardium leviosa”
- Olee – An Italian variant for an Olivia.
- Oliviah – A variant form pronounced as “Ow-Lih-Vi-Yah.”
- Alivia – An English variant of the name.
- Olivianne – A Latin variant for Olivia pronounced as “Ow-Lih-Viyaa-Nn.”
- Lyvia – Olivia might be regular, but Lyvia definitely isn’t.
- Oliviola – A nickname with Italian roots.
- Livie – An Old Norse/Latin nickname pronounced as “Lih-Viy.”
- Olivera – A Serbian variant of e the name Olivia.
- Olivie – A nickname with French roots.
Creative Nicknames for Olivia
Want a clever nickname? A nickname that highlights an exciting trait in Olivia? Here are some witty and creative Olivia nicknames to consider:
- Lily – Olivia becomes Ollie, and Ollie becomes Lily.
- H2’Ol – If this Olivia is like a human version of a fish, here’s a suitable nickname.
- Olivia-Twist – The female version of Oliver Twist.
- Gullivia – For a gullible Olivia.
- Afro-Livia – A dark-skinned Olivia with the cutest Afro ever.
- Capricoli – An “Oli” born in the Capricorn Season (December 22nd and January 20th).
- Olivia Tame – Coined from the name of American actress and Producer, Olivia Wilde, for a timid and introverted version.
- O’Live – For a bold and confident lady named Olivia.
- Libster – A combination of Libby, a popular nickname for Olivia and Lobster.
- Olaf – From the Disney character Olaf.
Famous People named Olivia
Remember, famous people, are a common source of good nicknames. The following are some notable people who bear the name Olivia:
- Olivia Wilde – American actress & model.
- Olivia Jade – YouTube Star.
- Olivia Haigh Williams – English Actress.
- Olivia Bentley – Reality Tv Star from Made In Chelsea Show.
- Olivia Rodrigo – Disney Star Actress.
- Olivia Newton-John – Pop Singer.
- Olivia Attwood – Reality Star from Love Island series.
- Olivia Munn – Actress, Model, and pinup girl.
- Olivia Pierson – Featured on E! Network reality show WAGS
- Olivia Stuck – Disney Star Actress
- Olivia Culpo – 2012 Miss USA and 2012 Miss Universe winner
There you go; a list of suitable names you can call someone named Olivia.
Now, it’s your turn to share any good nicknames for Olivia that isn’t on our list.
27 thoughts on “70+ Beautiful Nicknames for Olivia”
I go by Olivia or Liv or Livvy, but my dad calls me livingston to be funny XD I also go by Via.
My brother used to call me yaya🤣🤣🤣 when he was 3 my nicknames are Liv, livi, livi lou, and olive but most importantly Yaya 🥺🥺🥺
My little brother calls me yaya too but that is because he can’t pronounce his L’s. By the way I was looking for somthing to call my friend because I am not creative. ;(
Wow so thats why I can never find a username or screen I.d. with my name in it. It’s been taken by all of you😄! There are a lot of us!😲😱
Olivia’s of the world, let us combine our awesome O’s together and ACTIVATE! 👾
wow,what a cute name.Thank you mum fo giving me such a beautiful name Olli
My nicknames are Liv, O, Livy, and O-dog
my friends call me Liv,and Olivia. But my family calls me Livy, Liv and Olivia. And my coach calls me Ollie, and my teammates call me Olive
my friends call me lia hehe
My baby sister’s name is alevia but i prefer to call her iyya or ale bcoz it sounds cute tbh, btw my sister is 3 days old now HBSHAJA
My mum calls me livvydivi and my friends call me Libby
My family calls me Leah! My friends call me Livvy, Liv, Olive, and Baby O
My family calls me Livvy, but my best friend calls me Ollie.
i get call liv livy olivia livers and thats all my frinds call me livys idk why
I love the name lily for myself and it a name I always wanted to be called besides Vicky!
My name is Olivia and My friends call me Liv or Livsey.
My sister calls me Liv or Ollie.
I think Via is sounding too Old, like a grandma name.
Everyone calls me that and im 16. are you calling me old?
My friend’s name is Olivia Cleland and she lives in Berlin, CT and her nicknames are Liv and Livey.
my nicknames are, O, my mom calls me that, bird, my mom also calls me that, baby girl, my grandma calls me that, libby, my friends call me that, liv, my dad and uncle call me that, oskee, my mom calls me that, la la, my baby cousin calls me that, and sissy which is what my siblings call me.
This list was insanely creative! honestly, what the heck!? Best nick name list ever! ❤️
I know my name it Olivia too and my sister always calls me Libby olive oil
My friends call me big O because I am big on sports so maybe you could
Add that to the list ???
My mom has always called me woonie
My life is mint
How about Lil as a nickname for Olivia? That’s what I call my daughter Olivia ever since she was a baby because she has an old soul like a little old lady!
My mother-in-law calls me ‘Lil’ bit’!