Do you need a nickname for someone named Amelia? In this article, we have compiled a list of all the good nicknames for Amelia, we know.
But first, what’s the meaning of Amelia?
Amelia originated from the word “Amal,” a German word that means “work.” The English variant is Amalia from which Amelia is derived.
You may be among those who pronounce the name “ah meel ya,” if you do, you are wrong. The right pronunciation is “ah mee lee ah.”
Famous people are a common source of nicknames, and thankfully, there are a lot of famous people named Amelia.
Table of Contents
Famous People Named Amelia
Here are some famous people named Amelia:
- Princess Amelia of Great Britain – The second daughter of King George II of Great Britain and Queen Caroline
- Amelia Adamo – Swedish magazine founder and editor
- Amelia Vega – The winner of 2003 Miss Universe
- Amelia Bloomer – American feminist, known as “lily.” She started the newspaper “The Lily” which popularized bloomers
- Amelia Bullmore – English actress
- Amelia Bruckner – American actress, known as “Amy.”
- Amelia R. Coats – American printmaker
- Amelia Okoli – Nigerian high jumper and gold Medalist
- Amelia Fiona J. Driver – English actress- known as “Minnie Driver.”
- Amelia Earhart – American aviator and feminist
- Amelia Boynton Robinson – an American activist, she was a leader of the American Civil Rights Movement in Selma, Alabama.
List of Nicknames for Amelia
Minnie, Amy, and Leah are the most common nicknames used for people called Amelia, but there are some other good Amelia nicknames as well.
Short Nicknames for Amelia
Amelia is a short name by itself but here are some short Amelia nicknames:
- Ami – Also means friend in French
- M&M – Reminds you of your favorite colored chocolates.
Cute Amelia Nicknames
If you prefer cute nicknames, here are some cute nicknames for Amelia:
- Aims – Ideal for a focused Amelia
- Ailema – Play on the letters
- Amelita – Spanish version of the name Amelia.
- Mil Mil
- Mum – Would mean more, if your mum was also called Amelia.
Funny Amelia Nicknames
Here are some funny names for Amelia:
- A Milli – The Grammy award-winning song by American rapper, Lil Wayne.
- Meals on Wheels – For a chubby chick
- Mealsies – Like the dreaded disease measles
- Meelytard – She may not like but teased with a name similar to retard
- Meep Mop
- Milly Moo
- Moo Cow
- Melly Belly
- Millie Mayhem – Perfect for a troublemaker
- Millie Mouse – Mimicking Minnie mouse.
- Millie Mop
Do you know any good Amelia nickname that is not on this list? Be a dear and share it with us. Also, don’t forget to tell us the meaning or the story behind the nickname.