Andrew is a popular English name derived from the Greek variant – Andreas and usually means “manly,” “brave,” “strong,” “courageous,” and “warrior.”
Notable people named Andrew include Saint Andrew from the Christian Bible, King Andrew of Hungary, Prince Andrew – Duke of York and second son of Elizabeth II, Actor Andrew Garfield, Comedian Andy Griffith, Actor Andrew McCarthy, etc.
Despite the popularity of the name Andrew, finding a good nickname for a guy named Andrew isn’t always easy.
Even after considering factors like personality traits and physique, the perfect pet name could remain elusive, which is why we have compiled a list of the best Andrew nicknames we have ever heard.
This list contains funny Andrew pet names, cool Andrew pet names, cute Andrew nicknames and clever names you could call a guy named Andrew.
Table of Contents
Cool Nicknames for Andrew
Looking for a nickname with a chill tone, or just something that’s got an interesting and appealing meaning to it? Here are some cool nicknames for an Andrew:
- Andy – Hands down the most popular Andrew nickname
- Drew – Probably the most popular Andrew nickname you’d find.
- Daddy-Drew – Because what girl wouldn’t want him to be Daddy?
- Andre – If he’s dreamy or he’s French, Andrè would be a great fit.
- Drey – Culled from the name Drew.
- Andrea – A Greek word for a manly being.
- Andro – Andy with a “ro.”
- Andrez – Andrew with the Old Greek spelling.
- Andreios – For a tough and manly Andrew.
- Andriy – For an Andrew with Ukrainian roots.
- Andrzej – The Polish form of Andrew.
- Anndra – Andrew in its Scottish form.
- Aindriú – For a masculine man with Irish descent.
- Andras – For an Andrew with a Greek background.
- Andraž – The Slovene variant of Andrew.
- Andreu – For one who is manly, strong and courageous.
- Andris – A Greek variant for a “manly warrior” named Andrew.
- Andreo – For a brave Andrew with Spanish roots.
- Andrii – A Ukrainian version, for one who is manly and tough.
- Anderz – Anders with a slight twist.
- Anderson – A nickname with a simple and mature tone.
- Androcles – Meaning “glory of a man.”
- Andronicus – A Classical Greek name for an Andrew, meaning “male victor.”
- Drel – Drew, but without the “w.”
- Da-Drew – The one and only.
- Andrius – A nickname for an Andrew with Lithuanian origin.
- Andrewski – A Greek variant of Andrew.
Clever Nicknames for Andrew
Want a nickname with a catchy background story? Something witty or thoughtful? Here are some clever nicknames for Andrew:
- Astro Andy – For an astrologist or an astronomy lover.
- Scooby-Drew – He’s definitely the underdog of his gang.
- Mean-drew – He’s the meanest Drew you’d ever meet.
- Mandrew – For a sturdy and manly Andrew
- Drew-D-Dreamer – Our modern-day Joseph named Drew.
- Drewbacco – This Andrew and Tobacco are like 5 and 6.
- Drewpiter – Jupiter’s very own.
- Deja Drew – Perfect if he’s got a striking man resemblance
- Andrewed – Andrew wasn’t the name his folks had in mind, but Andrew he became.
- Dread-D-Drew – The Andrew that everyone else avoids.
- Anjew – Fits just right if he’s Jewish.
- And – “Rew” won’t be necessary for this one.
- Hunky-Drewy – For a sexy-looking Drew.
- Digi-Drew – For a digital guru or a tech wizard named Andrew.
- Andrioosha – Andrew like a Russian would say it.
- Angrew – For an Andrew growing at an incredibly fast rate.
- An-Doo – Andrew with a couple of letters replaced.
- Kanga-Drew – For an energetic and hyperactive Drew.
- Peek-a-Drew – For a kid who loves playing Peek-a-boo more than anything.
- Androminator – What Terminator would have been nicknamed if he was Andrew.
- Andyhood – For a quiet and introverted Andrew who enjoys being around a small circle of people.
- Hamdrew – For a ham lover bearing Andrew.
- Drew-me-in – If he’s a lover boy who enjoys being all touchy, here’s a name for him.
Cute Nicknames for Andrew
Does the Andrew in your life deserve a nickname that’s adorable and sweet? Something that he might even be embarrassed about when he’s around his crush or his boys? Here are cute Andrew nicknames:
- Candy – For an Andrew that is as sweet as candy.
- Pandrew – For a Drew that reminds you of a cute and cuddly Panda.
- Dru – A simple and sweet version of Drew.
- Drew-Bear – For a tall, dark and handsome Andrew.
- Andyroo – For a tough man with a sweet nature.
- Rew – Drew with a “D.”
- Dreamy – For a ridiculous attractive Drew.
- Drowsy-Drewy – If he’s always got a tired face, he’s asking for this nickname.
- Andy-Bunnyboo – For a sweet and loving Andrew.
- Andy-Dandy – For a stylish and sophisticated man.
- Sugary-Dewy – For the sweetest Andrew alive.
- Roo – “Rew,” but with a different spelling.
- Drew Woo – Something cute for an adorable Andrew.
- Andee – For an Andrew that’s girly but virile.
- Dew – Drew with an “r.”
- Drewster – For an unusual and special kind of Drew.
- Merry-Rew – For a cheerful and energetic being.
- Lil-Rew – For a smallish yet adorable-looking Andrew.
- Andrello – A nickname with an Italian twist.
- Druww – With a lot of emphasis on the “w.”
- Drew-Boo – For a real sweetheart.
- Mountain Drew – Your very own Mountain Dew in real life.
- Drew-Boi – For a little Andrew.
- Drewby – Something playful and adorable for a Drew.
- Dy’ – (Pronounced ‘Dee’) Simple and short.
- Dewey – For an Andrew, that’s gentle as the morning dew.
- Big-A – If Andrew’s got a huge bod, here’s a befitting nickname.
- Drewd – Drew with a D.
- Andie – A modern English variant for an Andy
- Drewberry – For a total sweetheart that’s yummier than berries.
Funny Nicknames for Andrew
If Andrew’s got a very healthy sense of humor (or you do!), and you’d love some fresh ideas for a quirky nickname, here are some funny nicknames for a guy named Andrew:
- Mandy – A feminine sounding version of Andrew, which makes it a hilarious or mean nickname for a guy named Andrew.
- Sandy – Similar to Sandy, but it could also be used to mock a dirty guy named Andrew.
- Eww – An Andrew with an irritating personality.
- Andi-Candi – If he’s twice as sweet as candy, he earned this nickname.
- Drewby-Booby – For a chubby looking Andrew.
- Andi-Dip – For an Andy who’s into stargazing and constellations.
- Drewmingo – For an Andrew with long and lanky-looking legs that remind you of a flamingo.
- Drewbin – Culled from the popular travel blogger Drew Binsky, for a Drew who loves to see the world.
- Andy-Bandy – For an Andrew who’s always having accidents and getting bandages and casts.
- Jungle-Drew – If he’s wild and adventurous, we think he’d like this.
- Ant-Rew – For a bite-sized or an adorable-looking Andrew.
- Handy-Mandy – If Andrew is a handyman or just exceptionally good with odd jobs, here’s a befitting name.
- Sand-Rew – For a filthy, unkempt being.
- Dr-ewwwy – For the most disgusting Andrew in your life.
- Andy-Gandhi – If he’s an old man stuck in a young body; he deserves this pet name.
- An-Drool – If he drools in his sleep, he literally asked for this nickname.
- Doobie-Doobie – If Andrew’s a smoker, he’d be pretty stoned about this nickname (pun intended!).
- Andy-iana – If he’s got a feminine nature, why not?
- Droopy Drew – This is for the weakest or laziest Drew in your life.
- Randy Andy – For the freakiest Andy you know.
- Dodger-Drew – If he’s the sneakiest person you know, you’ve found the perfect nickname.
- Scandy – For a troublesome & scandalous young man.
- Andy-Nutz – For an odd fellow with peculiar behaviors.
- Drewpanzee – For a goofy and weird-looking Andrew.
- Demandy – An Andy who is so demanding.
Dear Andrews and Andrew lovers, did we leave out any popular Andrew nickname? or can you come up with better pet names for a guy named Andrew? Please go ahead and share all the nicknames for Andrew you know in the comments section!
9 thoughts on “100+ Awesome Nicknames For Andrew”
A-Dawg – for the Andrew you like to hang out with.
Daddy Drew Drilling – An Andrew who’s a rough daddy and knows it!
I did not appreciate the Mandy
It should be Doobie-Droobie.
Very funny but good name to be a nickname to my girlfriend.