Do you need a good nickname for Sarah or Sally? In this article, you will a list containing the most popular Sarah nicknames.
Table of Contents
Origin and Meaning of Sarah
Sarah is a name of Hebrew origin. Also, Sarah has religious citations in Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. In the Christain Bible, Abraham’s wife was called Sarah.
Sarah has several meanings; Its Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian meaning is “woman of high rank, which is best translated as “Princess.” In Modern Hebrew, Sarah means “woman minister,” and in Islam, Sarah means “Purity.”
Why is Sally from Sarah?
Sally is a common diminutive for Sarah. No one knows precisely how Sally came from Sarah, but it is not unusual for English names to have pet names that aren’t exactly straightforward to decipher. For example, Molly is a nickname for Mary, Bob is a nickname for Robert, and Bill is a nickname for William.
Today, it isn’t uncommon to find Sally as a standalone name.
Popular Nicknames for Sarah
We have listed cute, funny, creative, and short nicknames for Sarah in the order of popularity. Here are the most popular Sarah nicknames:
- Sadie: originally a diminutive of Sarah
- Sarah bug
- Sarah Boo
- Sarah Muffins
- Sarah Bella
- Sam Sam
- Que Sarah Sarah: From the saying, Que sera sera, which means “whatever will be, will be”
- Rah rah
- Sarah Connor: A funny nickname for Sarah, especially among the Geek crowd. Sarah Connor is a popular fictional character in The Terminator.
- Sarah Munchkin
- Sara Ray
- Sarah Beara Boo
- Sar Sar
Find More Nicknames: 100+ Fantastic Nicknames For Girls (With Meanings)
Variations of Sarah
Sarah in many other languages is known as “Sara.” This is still the most popular variation of the name Sarah. Highlighted are the variations of Sarah in other languages around the world. These variations can be used alternatively as nicknames.
- Sala – Korean
- Salcia – Polish
- Sarea – Khmer
- Sarai – Malayalam
- Saraha – Gujarati
- Sarka – Russian
- Shala – Chinese
- Sirke – Yiddish
- Capa – Bulgarian
- Cara – Tamil
- Hara – Maori
- Kala – Hawaiian
Find More Nicknames: 100+ Cute and Funny Nicknames for Tall Girls
Famous People Named Sarah
The names and nicknames of popular people named Sarah is a great source of good pet names for someone named Sarah. Here are some famous people named Sarah:
- Sarah Palin: an American politician.
- Sarah Sands: a British journalist and author.
- Sarah Hyland: – Actress in TV series “Modern Family.”
- Sarah Polk: the First Lady of the United States from 1845 to 1849. She was nicknamed “Sahara Sarah.”
- Sarah Jessica Parker: Actress famous for her role in the movie “Sex and the city.”
- Sarah Silverman: an American stand-up comedian.
- Sarah Paulson: an American actress.
- Sarah Lois Vaughan: an American jazz legend. She was nicknamed “Sassy.”
- Sarah Michelle Gellar: an American actress.
Sarah nicknames are as beautiful as the name itself. If you prefer a unique Sarah pet name, don’t be afraid to come up with your own unique Sarah pet names, and when you do, remember to share them in the comments section below.