Are you looking for a nickname for someone named Caleb?
Finding the perfect nickname doesn’t have to be stressful, which is why we’ve put together a list of excellent nicknames for the name Caleb.
But first, what is the origin and meaning of the name Caleb?
Caleb is a masculine name of Hebrew origins, meaning ‘wholehearted.’ The name Caleb is derived from the Hebrew words “Col” (all or whole) and “Lev” (heart). The most common variations of the name Caleb are Kaleb and Kalib.
Early mentions of the name Caleb can be traced to the Old Testament of the Holy Bible. Caleb, son of Jephunneh, was one of the spies sent by Moses from Kadesh in southern Palestine to spy out the land of Canaan.
Since then, Caleb has grown in popularity as a name for boys.
Table of Contents
Famous People Named Caleb
When searching for a nickname for someone, it’s always a good idea to consider the names and nicknames of famous namesakes.
To help you find the perfect nickname for Caleb, here is a list of some of the famous people named Caleb:
- Caleb Thielbar – American professional baseball player
- Caleb Wilson – American football player
- Caleb Myers – American-Israeli lawyer
- Caleb Folan – English footballer
- Caleb Carr – American author
- Caleb Hanie – American football player
- Caleb Lewis – Australian playwright
- Caleb Martin – American football player
- Caleb McLaughlin – American actor
Fictional Characters Named Caleb
Fictional characters named Caleb are also great pet names for someone named Caleb. Here are some fictional characters named Caleb:
- Caleb Garth – Character in the George Eliot novel Middlemarch
- Caleb Trask – A major character in the John Steinbeck novel East of Eden
- Caleb Lambert – The son of Gary and Caroline Lambert in Jonathan Franzen’s novel The Corrections
- Caleb Bradley – A corporate swindler in Ayn Rand’s novel The Fountainhead
- Caleb Temple – Main character in the 1995 television series American Gothic
- Caleb – a villain in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer television series
- Caleb Nichol – In the O.C.television series
Popular Nicknames for Caleb
Have you ever considered the possible nickname for anyone that goes by the name Caleb? Well, here’s a list of some of the most popular nicknames for Caleb. We will go through some of their meanings and origin.
- Caybs – A cool way of pronouncing Ca in Caleb.
- Kale – the vegetable.
- Ca Ca
- Cale baby
- Caby baby
- C-Man – A creative nickname for Caleb.
- C-Dawg – C for Caleb and Dawg meaning friend.
- Caycay – A sound-alike variant for Caleb pronounced twice.
- C-Bug – C for Caleb and Bug meaning adorable.
- C-Bear – C for Caleb and Bear for an adorable baby.
- Kalib – A variant for Caleb.
Some of the best nicknames for Caleb are selected and compiled in this article. This piece would make finding the perfect nickname for your Caleb a whole lot easier.
We have also made sure that each nickname on this list is an excellent fit for one or more people named Caleb.
It is now your turn to add any funny, cool, or cute nickname for Caleb that is not on the list.