Daniel is a popular name around the world, probably because of its Christian origin, yet coming up with a nickname for someone named Daniel could be challenging.
The name Daniel originated from the Hebrew etymology. In Hebrew, it is written as “Daniyyel” which translates to means “God is my judge”.
In the Bible, Daniel was a prophet of God, who was under captivity in Babylon. After interpreting the King’s dream, he began to serve in the king’s court. He served many other royal regimes, and one led him into the lion’s den from which God saved him.
Daniel was used in England as early as the Middle Ages. It became less prevalent in the 15th century but later regained popularity during the Protestant Reformation.
Notable Daniels in history include:
- Daniel Boone (1734–1820), American Pioneer, Fur Trader, Explorer, Adventurer.
- Daniel Mendoza (1764–1836), English Heavyweight Boxer
- Daniel Webster (1782–1852), American Statesman
- Daniel Day-Lewis, the famous English Actor
- Daniel Tosh, American Stand-Up Comedian and Television Presenter
- Daniel Craig, the famous James Bond actor.
So, asides the usual Daniel nicknames such as Dan and Danny, what are the nicknames you can call someone named Daniel?
Table of Contents
List of Daniel Nicknames
Here is a list of good Daniel Nicknames, fingers crossed; you will find a befitting nickname for your Daniel.
Popular Daniel Nicknames
So let’s start with the most popular Daniel nicknames:
- Danny boy
- DJ – Another way of getting unique nicknames for Daniel is to use the initials of the first name “Daniel” and the person’s middle name or last name. For example, DJ would be a great nickname for a person named Daniel with a middle name that starts with “J.”
Funny Daniel Nicknames
Here are some funny nicknames you can call someone named Daniel:
- Danny Kinz
- Danny Whammy
- Danny Whizz-Bang – A character in the UK Tv show, The Peaky Blinders.
- Dan-U-Be – The name is a full sentence that says “Dan-U-Be-Quiet.”
- Grand Dan
- Kiss Daniel – From a Nigerian Afrobeat musician. You could use different words such as Love Daniel, Kick Daniel, Thin Daniel etc.
Cute Daniel Nicknames
Here are some cute pet names you could call your Daniel:
- Baby Dan
- Big D
- Dan the Man
- Dandy Dan
- Daniel-San – From the movie “The Karate Kid.”
- Dan-O – Like Jello
- Little Dan
- Tali-Dan – A reference to Taliban.
Clever Nicknames For Daniel
These clever Daniel nicknames are inspired by wordplay, movie references and other popular sources of witty puns. Also, there is a mix of cool Daniel nicknames:
- Boone – After the famous “Daniel Boone.”
- Dan Shan
- Daniel Craig – James Bond
- Daniel Saurus Rex – For dinosaur fanatics
- Daniel the Maniel
- Daniellon – Similar to the flower known as the Dandelion.
- Dannibal – Wordplay on Hannibal.
- Danny from the block – Mimicking the sentence” Jenny from the block” attributed to Jenifer Lopez.
- DannyDroiid – like an android
- Dirty Dan
- Double N
- LaRusso – Reference to Daniel LaRusso in the Karate Kid movie.
- Lieutenant Dan – Reference to Lieutenant Dan Taylor in Forest Gump
- Manual Danual
- PakisDani – Rhymes with Pakistani
Feminine Pet Names For Daniel
You can use these feminine Daniel pet names for a lady named Daniel or use it to taunt a guy named Daniel.
- Danjiela – Slovene
- Danka – Slovak origin
- Danuska – Of Czech origin
- Dranka – Slovak or Serbia origin
- Nelida – Spanish related name to Daniel. It is like a scramble of the letter’s creation.
Language Variations of Daniel
The name Daniel has different variations in other languages, however, for the most part, the pronunciation is similar, It is the spellings that differ.
- Daan – Dutch
- Daan – Dutch
- Danail – Bulgarian
- Dancho – Bulgarian
- Danco – Macedonian
- Danel – Spanish
- Danielek – Polish
- Danielius – Lithuanian
- Daniels – Latvian
- Danihel – Biblical Latin
- Daniil – Russian
- Daniilu – Old Church Slavic
- Danilo – Italian
- Daniyehl – Czech
- Daniyyel – Biblical Hebrew
- Danjal – Faroese
- Danya – Russia
- Danyal – Arabic and Urdu
- Danylo – Ukrainian
- Deiniol – Welsh
- Deniel – Breton
- Taneli – Finnish
- Taniel – Armenian
- Tatu – Finnish
Now, it is your turn to add a good nickname for Daniel to the list.
23 thoughts on “100+ Awesome Nicknames for Daniel”
How about Danimal?? Or Daniel the Animal??
Dan Dan noodle
Dynamite Dan – a Dan who brings it musically!!
danny boy needs a popsicle
What about in Persian?
There is no nickname for Daniel better than DANILO
my name is Daniel XD
Dangle Tutu is perfect‼️
Captain Daniel Spaniel
Captain Jack Sparrow
was a famous poet
Daniel + Anal = Danal
Very cute one right????
Wow.this is absolutely helping me