Are you trying to find the right nickname for someone named Isaac?
Whether you’re searching for a suitable nickname for a friend, sibling, or yourself, coming up with a good nickname could quickly turn into a time-consuming activity.
But finding a nickname doesn’t have to be so hard, which is why we have put together an extensive list of good Isaac nicknames, as well as helpful descriptions to make your selection faster!
But first, what is the meaning of the name, Isaac?
Isaac, a masculine name, has its origin in the Hebrew Language. Isaac is derived from the Hebrew word ‘tsachaq,’ which means “to laugh ” and Yitschaq (Hebrew) is the original form of Isaac.
One of the earliest recorded use of the name Isaac is in the Christian Bible. Isaac was the first son of Abraham and Sarah, and because they waited a long time for God to bless to with a son, the birth of Isaac brought them happiness and “laughter.”
Today, the name is a popular choice for baby boys among the Jews, and even in countries like the United States, Isaac has continued to grow in popularity in recent years.
Some of the widely used variants of the name Isaac include Isaack (German, Greek, Russian, and Yiddish), Isaakios (Dutch and Polish), Aizik (Russian and Yiddish), Ihaka (Maori), Ishaq (Arabic), Itzhak (Hebrew), Yitzak (Hebrew), Yitzhak (Hebrew and Yiddish), Yke (Dutch) and so on.
Table of Contents
Famous People Named Isaac
When trying to find a nickname for Isaac, a great place to start is by considering notable public figures who bear this name. Here are some famous people named Isaac:
- Sir Isaac Newton ‒ Physicist and mathematician who developed the principles of modern physics, including the Laws of Motion.
- Isaac Hempstead Wright ‒ English actor, best known for his role as Bran Stark / Three-Eyed Raven in the HBO series Game of Thrones.
- Isaac Lee Hayes Jr. ‒ American singer, songwriter, actor, and producer.
- Isaac Asimov ‒ American author, biochemist, and prolific writer of science fiction and science books.
- Isaac Isidore Bruce ‒ Former American football wide receiver in the National Football League.
- Isaac Mizrahi ‒ American fashion designer, TV presenter, and Chief Designer of the Isaac Mizrahi brand for Xcel Brands.
- Isaac Julien ‒ British installation artist and filmmaker.
- Isaac Kristofer Brock ‒ Lead singer, guitarist, banjoist, and songwriter for the American indie rock band Modest Mouse.
- Isaac Redman ‒ former American football running back.
- Isaac Charles Singleton Jr. ‒ American actor and writer.
- Isaac ‒ Son of Abraham and Sarah in the Old Testament Bible, father of Esau and Jacob.
Fictional Characters Named Isaac
As a bonus, we’ve included a list of some fictional characters who bear the name Isaac. Who knows, you might get inspiration for more fitting nicknames!
- Isaac Lahey ‒ A character played by Daniel Sharman in MTV’s Teen Wolf.
- Isaac Washington ‒ A character played by Ted Lange (a bartender) in the Tv series “The Love Boat.”
- Isaac Mendez ‒ A character from the TV show “Heroes” who could paint the future.
- Isaac ‒ From John Green’s novel “The Fault in Our Stars” and movie adaptation, played by Nat Wolff.
Popular Nicknames for Isaac
Have you been trying to find popular nicknames for the name Isaac? Well, search no more! Here are some of the most widely accepted nicknames for someone named Isaac:
- Isa ‒ A derivation from the original name Isaac.
- Iz/Ize ‒ A short and straightforward nickname for someone named Isaac.
- Azi ‒ A cool nickname suitable for the name Isaac.
- Isa/Isak ‒ A Greek-rooted nickname for someone named Isaac, meaning “Laughter.”
- Ise/Isey ‒ A simple nickname for a little boy named Isaiah.
- Isac ‒ A Hebrew alternative for someone named Isaiah.
- Zeke/Zik ‒ An English nickname commonly used for the name Isaiah.
- Zack ‒ A nickname similar to the one above for someone named Isaiah.
- Isaak ‒ A popular variation used as a nickname for Isaiah.
- Izaac ‒ A nickname commonly used among the Dutch.
- Issy ‒ A cool (and unisex) nickname suitable for someone named Isaac.
- I-zay-yah ‒ A fun nickname for Isaiah suitable for use as a screen-name or a username.
- Sak – A short nickname for Issac.
Other Nicknames for Isaac
Would you like to browse through some more nicknames for someone named Isaac? Here’s a list of other great nicknames for the name Isaac:
- Newt ‒ For a math or science genius, inspired by the Late Sir Isaac Newton, the scientist who discovered gravity.
- Izsak ‒ A nickname with Hungarian origin for the name Isaac.
- Eye-zy ‒ A nickname for someone with horrible eyesight or unusual eyes.
- Izzy Wizzy ‒ A cute nickname suitable for a little boy named Isaac.
- Issac Oldton ‒ A nickname for someone who’s the exact opposite of a genius.
- Isacco ‒ A Hebrew nickname for someone named Isaac; it means “laughter.”
- Lamb ‒ A nickname for a meek and gentle Isaac, inspired by the biblical Isaiah, who was willing to obediently follow his father who had plans to sacrifice him.
- The Ram ‒ A funny alternative to the nickname above.
- Biggie Ziggy ‒ For someone named Isaac with a huge or tall frame.
- Izaak/Izak ‒ A popular variant for the name Isaac.
- Zakky ‒ A fun nickname for the coolest Isaac, you know.
- Zikky ‒ An alternative nickname for someone named Isaac, similar to the one above.
- Izik ‒ A clever twist of the name Isaac, suitable for use as a screen name.
- I-Candy ‒ For an Isaac with an attractive physique or personality.
- Ice Cold ‒ A nickname for someone named Isaac known for being a calm or cold-hearted person.
- Giggles ‒ A nickname for a happy little boy named Isaiah, inspired by the meaning of the name, which is “Laughter.”
- Chuckles ‒ An even cuter alternative to the nickname above, suitable for an Isaac.
- Eyesack ‒ A tease nickname for an Isaac who works too hard or stays up too late and always has “eye bags.”
- Father Abraham Jnr. ‒ Father Abraham might have many sons according to the Bible, but Isaac would always be first place.
- The Cackler ‒ A nickname for an Isaac who lives up to his name (Laughter), but in a really loud or somewhat irritating way.
- Ballsack – If your name ends with “Sack,” you get a lot of funny nicknames.
- Sir Gravity ‒ Inspired by the late Sir Isaac Newton, who discovered the Law of Gravity, and suitable for an Isaac who’s great at sports and has a lot of upper body strength, almost as if he could defy gravity with all that energy. If Isaac is into sports like basketball, long or high jump, or even running, this is the perfect nickname for him.
So, there you have it – a list of excellent nicknames for the name Isaac!
Do you know any other great nicknames for Isaac? A name you’ve given someone special in your life, or a nickname you have been called?
Kindly share them with us in the comments section below!