Do you need a good nickname for the name, Alejandro?
Whether you are a parent looking to name your child Alejandro or you have a friend or partner named Alejandro, we have sourced and compiled the best different nicknames for anyone named Alejandro.
But first, where does the name Alejandro originate from?
Alejandro pronounced al-ay-HAHN-droh is a masculine name of Spanish origin, meaning ‘Defender of Mankind.’ Alejandro is the Spanish variant of the Greek name Alexandra and is just as popular as its Greek variant.
Alejandro was made even popular in 2009, following the release of Lady Gaga’s Grammy Award-winning single ‘Alejandro.’ Alejandro is ranked among the top first names for boys born in the United States in the last decade.
Table of Contents
Popular Nicknames for Alejandro
Popular nicknames are often shorter versions or modifications of the name. Here are some popular nicknames for Alejandro:
Cute Nicknames for Alejandro
If you love adorable pet nicknames, then this collection of cute nicknames is what you need. Here are some cute nicknames for Alejandro:
Creative Nicknames for Alejandro
For those who prefer nicknames from wordplay, puns, then other creative, funny cool nicknames are precisely what you need. Here are other nicknames for Alejandro:
- A-Dawg: A for Alejandro and Dawg for a friend, a fun nickname to refer to a friend.
- Ale-oops: A funny nickname for Alejandro could be used affectionately to refer to a clumsy person.
- Ale-in: A creative nickname for Alejandro could be used to refer to anyone who loves sci-fi.
- J-Boy: A cool nickname for Alejandro could also double as a screen name.
- Leandro: Rhymes with Alejandro.
- A.J: If his middle or last name starts with J.
Alejandro Nicknames from TV Characters and Books
Fictional characters bearing a name are also excellent sources of nicknames for the said name. Here are some Alejandro nicknames from T.V. characters and books:
- Alejandro Murrieta: He is the main character ‘Zorro’ in the movie ‘The Legend of Zorro’ and ‘The Mask of Zorro.’
- Alejandro Herrera: He is a fictional character in the T.V. series ‘Heroes’ that Shalim Ortiz played.
Famous People named Alejandro
Famous people are a good source of nicknames for their namesakes. Many famous people are named Alejandro, and considering their names could help you find a nickname for anyone bearing the said name. Here are some celebrities and famous people named Alejandro:
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu: He is a Mexican Academy Award-winning film director, producer, and screenwriter.
- Alejandro ‘Alex’ Meraz: He is an American actor, best known for his role as Paul Lahote in the film ‘The Twilight Saga: New Moon.’
- Kevin Michael Alejandro: He is an American actor who has featured in T.V. series such as ‘Lucifer,’ ‘Ugly Betty’, and ‘Arrow.’
Variants of Alejandro
Another source of nicknames for a name is language variants of the said name, sound-alike variants of a name could also serve as nicknames or for that name. Here are some nicknames from variants of Alejandro:
- Alexandre: The French variant of Alejandro.
- Aleksandra: The Polish variant of Alejandro.
- Alessandro: The Italian variant of Alejandro.
- Aleksandr: The Russian variant of Alejandro.
Find more nicknames: 60+ Awesome Nicknames for Alex
Do you know other great nicknames for Alejandro that are not included in our list? Tell us these nicknames by leaving a comment.