Do you need a good name to call someone named Allison?
When deciding on a name, parents often like to consider possible nicknames for the said name. In this article, we have put together a list of fun nicknames for Allison.
But first, what’s the origin and meaning of Allison’s name?
Allison is a popular first name for girls. It is of French origins and can also be used as a surname. It is a version of the French name ‘Alice,’ which means ‘noble.’
Table of Contents
Popular Nicknames for Allison
Popular nicknames of a name are often gotten from letters in the said name. Here are some popular nicknames for Allison:
Cute Nicknames for Allison
Some people prefer nicknames to personalize the names of their loved ones to make it cute. Here are some cute nicknames for Allison:
- Allie boo
- Allie bear
- Ally Love
- Nosilla: Allison spelled backward.
- Alligator: A cool nickname for Allison.
Names that Rhyme with Allison
Nicknames, for a name, do not necessarily have to be from the name itself. Words or other names that rhyme with the said name can also double as nicknames. Here are some names that rhyme with Allison:
- Madison: An English name rhyming with Allison, meaning gift of God.’
- Addison: An English name rhyming with Allison meaning ‘Child of Adam.’
- Mallison: Adding “M” to Allison.
Allison Nicknames from TV Characters and Books
Many people like to get nickname ideas from some of their favorite fictional characters bearing the said name. Here are some Allison nicknames from T.V. characters and books:
- Allison Cameron: She is a fictional character on the Fox medical drama ‘House.’
- Allison Reynolds: She is a fictional character in the 1985 television series ‘The Breakfast Club’ played by Ally Sheey.
- Allison Taylor: She is a fictional character in the T.V. series ’24’ serving as the first female of the United States in the series played by Cherry Jones.
Celebrities/Famous People Named Allison
The influencer/celebrity world is also a great place to look when searching for a nickname for a name. Famous people bearing said name could help you figure out a nickname for your loved one. Here are some famous people named Allison:
- Allison Munn: She is an American actress known for her roles in T.V. shows such as ‘One Tree Hill’ and ‘Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn.’
- Allison Dean: She is an American actress known for her role in the 1988 movie ‘Coming to America.’
- Allison Janney: She is an Academy Award and Primetime Emmy Award-winning American actress known for her roles in ‘Minions,’ ‘Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children,’ and ‘Finding Nemo.’
- Alisson Becker: The Brazilian Liverpool goalkeeper. Although his name has one “L” and double “S,” it is pronounced the same way as Allison.
Nicknames from variants of Allison
When looking at nicknames for a name, you should also consider variants of the name; you might find a name you love. Here are some nicknames from variants of Allison:
- Alice: An English variant for Allison’s meaning ‘of Noble Kin.’
- Allisann: An Norman French variant for Allison.
- Elisson: A sound-alike variant for Allison.
- Allyson: Another sound-alike variant for Allison.
Now, be a dear and add any good Allison nicknames that we didn’t mention.