Have you been looking for the perfect nickname for Kyra?
In this article, we’d be sharing a list of excellent nicknames for the name Kyra, as well as descriptions to help you select the perfect nickname!
But first, what’s the meaning and origin of the name Kyra?
The feminine name Kyra is of Persian origin, and has been said to have several meanings — from “Sun,” to “Lord,” “Throne,” “Beloved Light/Beam Of Light,” and “Enthroned Leader/Female Leader.”
Kyra is also reportedly the feminine form of the Greek masculine name Kyros.
The name Kyra has continued to grow in popularity, most notably in the early 2000s. It was recently most popular in the year 2005 when it ranked as the 179th most popular name for baby girls in the United States.
Popular Nicknames for Kyra
Popular nicknames are often gotten from shortened or modified versions of the original name. Here are some popular nicknames for the name Kyra:
- Ka Ka
- Ky Ky
Cute and Funny Nicknames for Kyra
- Kyrie Boo
- Miss K
- Kray Kray
- Skyra: A combination of the word Sky and the name Kyra.
- Kyra Banks: Like Tyra Banks.
Variants of Kyra
If you’re looking for a nickname that’s similar to Kyra, then these variants could be suitable substitutes for the original name. Below are nicknames from some variants of the name Kyra:
- Keera: A Celtic/Old Persian variant of the name Kyra.
- Cyra: An Old Greek/Old Persian variant of the name Kyra.
- Karia: An English variant of the name Kyra.
- Kyrene: An Old Persian variant of the name Kyra.
- Kyrie: A Greek variant of the name Kyra.
- Kyriah: An Old Persian variant of the name Kyra.
Do you know any great nicknames for the name Kyra that is not listed? Be a sport and share them with us in the comments section.