Amanda might be a popular name, but finding a good Amanda nickname can be a hassle, which is why we have put together a huge list of all the nicknames for Amanda we could find.
But first, what is the origin of the name, Amanda?
Amanda has a Latin origin, and is known to be the feminine form of the Saint’s name Amandus, from the word amāre which means “to love,” “worthy of being loved” or “worthy of love.”
This name first came into existence in the 1200s, in England, and later became popularized in America from 1930s to 1960s.
Some notable women who bear the name Amanda include American actress Amanda Schull, Canadian actress Amanda Crew, Scottish model Amanda Hendrick, British actress Amanda Holden, Business Journalist for CBC News Amanda Lang, etc.
Now, let’s get to the nicknames!
Table of Contents
Short Nicknames for Amanda
First, let’s start with all the short forms or short nicknames for Amanda:
- A – Short and simple, from the first letter of the name Amanda.
- Da – From the last two letters of Amanda.
- Aah – Coined from the pronunciation of the first letters in Amanda.
- Ams – A simple nickname for an Amanda.
- Ama – Coined from the first three letters of the name.
- Ann – A Latin variant that serves as a nickname for an Aw mmmanda.
- Amie – For a beautiful friend that bears Amanda.
- Amy – A French variant meaning “dearly loved.”
- Dee – Culled from the D in Amanda.
- Madi – A sweet nickname from the middle letters in Amanda.
- Anda – A name with Greek origins, suitable as a nickname for Amanda.
- Dah – From the last two letters of the name.
- Anna – A Latinate variant of the French name Anne, suitable for an Amanda.
- Mana – A name with Hawaiian origins.
- Ammy – A nickname with French origin, meaning “beloved.”
- Aman – From the first few letters of Amanda.
- Amah – A name with Arabic origins.
- Ma-Ma – For a very motherly Amanda.
- A-May – An Amanda born in May.
- Ames – A French name meaning Beloved.
Cool Nicknames for Amanda
Is your Amanda, the coolest girl, you know? Here are some of the coolest Amanda nicknames you could call her:
- Manda – An abbreviation for Amanda, interpreted as “worthy of being loved.”
- Mandee – A name with Latin origin, meaning “fit to be loved.”
- Mandi – A variant of the English name Amanda.
- Mandy – A nickname with English origin, meaning “lovable.”
- Manny – A popular Greek nickname, suitable for an Amanda.
- Amand – The most similar abbreviation to Amanda.
- Ammdi – Pronounced as “Am-di.”
- Triple A – From the three A’s present in the name Amanda.
- Tha Amantha – The one and only Amanda.
- Amada – A Spanish variant for Amanda.
- Mandie – An abbreviation meaning “worthy of love.”
- Mands – A cute variation of Amanda.
- Andie – For a tomboy that bears Amanda.
- Mami-da – For a yummy mami named Amanda.
- Amandah – Amanda with a lot of emphasis on the last syllable.
- Amandi – An unusual but sweet nickname for an Amanda.
- Amandie – A Latin variant for Amanda.
- Amandine – A French variant interpreted as “much loved.”
- Amata – A Spanish variant for the name Amanda.
- Amandalyn – A Latin name meaning “worthy of love.”
- Madee – A not-so-popular variant for an Amanda.
- Amada – A Spanish variant of Amanda.
- Amy-dee – Pronounced as Amy with a D.
- Am-manjula – For a charming lady named Amanda.
- Amandy – A nickname with Latin origin.
- Amma-money – For an extremely wealthy Amanda.
- Adnama – Amanda from the last letter to the first.
Clever Nicknames for Amanda
Does Amanda have a witty or sharp sense of reasoning? Is she one to appreciate a smart and thoughtful nickname? Here are some clever Amanda nicknames for her:
- A-Team – For the leader of a clique or gang that bears Amanda.
- ‘Mand-O-War – From the phrase “Man O War” for a tough and independent Amanda.
- Aim-Manda – For a go-getter that aims high and always wins.
- A-danda – From the word Dandy, for a refined and marvelous lady name Amanda.
- Amango – For a very curvy and attractive Amanda.
- Ama-nada – For the most pessimistic and coldest Amanda, you’ve ever met.
- Adamana – Amanda, with the letters cleverly muddled up.
- Amand-ate – For a stern and disciplined Amanda, culled from the word Mandate.
- Handy Mandy – An Amanda that performs odd jobs like a pro.
- Mandasaurous – Culled from the word Dinosaur, for a tall and strong Amanda.
- Gra-ammy – For a very talented singer or songwriter named Amy.
- Amy-able – For a disciplined and “capable” Amanda, who never fails to impress.
- ManDee – For a very muscular girl.
- A-nanda – From the name Nanda, which means Joy, for a vibrant and happy soul.
- Mand-ella – For a beautiful and tough woman named Amanda, adapted from the name of Ex-South African President Mandela and the French word “Ella.”
- Mangestic – For a majestic lady named Amanda.
- Miss Mand-nificent – For an extraordinary lady that bears Amanda.
- Amand-Pour – Coined from the name of one of CNN’s most prominent female reporter, Christiane Amanpour, for a promising young Journalist or reporter named Amanda.
Cute Nicknames for Amanda
If your Amanda is a charming, and adorable sweetheart, then you should probably use a cute pet name for her. Here are some cute Amanda nicknames for her:
- Lovey – For a sweet and lovable girl, gotten from the interpretation of Amanda -deserving to be loved.
- Daa Daa – Perfect for a cute baby girl.
- Ammy Dandily – For a cheerful and fun-spirited Amanda.
- Minnie Mandy – Adapted from the cartoon character Minnie Mouse, for an adorable child named Amanda.
- Aman-dazzle – For a flashy and sophisticated Amanda.
- Amity – A Latin name interpreted as “friendship” or “harmony,” for a friendly and easy-going Amanda.
- Aimy-Cakes – For a soft and sweet Amanda.
- Pandy-Mandy – kind-hearted Amanda.
- M-amyCita – Culled from the word Mamacita.
- Mandaboo – For a sweet and lovable Amanda.
- Amykins – For a tiny cutie named Amy.
- AmyCandy – For a lovely Amanda.
- Manda-Granda – For an enormous-looking girl.
- Amylily – For a fair-skinned beauty named Amanda.
- Aimee – A French variant interpreted as “loved.”
Funny Nicknames for Amanda
Does the Amanda in your life come with a ridiculous sense of humor? The kind of lady that would love a good joke in the form of a nickname? Here are some comical nicknames for her:
- Brandy-Mandy – For a shameless drunkard who’s always with a bottle.
- Mandaranda – For a very aggressive and hyper Amanda. The name is coined from Amanda and the word Randy.
- Mandroid – For a robot-like Amanda.
- Aman-d-lie – For a chronic liar named Amanda.
- Ah-mah – For a very loud Amanda.
- Manda-Doodles – For a playful and childish girl.
- Sal-amanda – From the name of the lizard Salamander, for a creepy and sneaky Amanda.
- Man-d-iac – For the crazy or wild one.
- De-mandy – For a very demanding and exhausting person.
- Man-ish – For an Amanda with a manly figure.
- Mandy Maddy – One who does the stupidest things.
- Ah-Man-Ah – For an Amanda who goes crazy at the sight of a handsome male.
Have you heard some other fun nicknames for an Amanda that’s not on our list? Maybe a name you’ve been called by family and friends or one you’ve once given an Amanda in your life?
Do share them with us below!
12 thoughts on “90+ Wonderful Nicknames for Amanda”
I think you left one of the most popular nicknames for Amanda out, lol.
I got called:
”Amanda Panda”, ” Manda Panda” and ”Panda”
It’s a really cute and simple– and it rhymes (;
If you’re from Denmark or knows Danish… or if you just think its funny, you can also say:
”Mandag” pronounced Manda.
”Mandag” is Monday in danish, i got called ”Mandag” a lot and still do, lmao.
I’ve been called
Skinny Minnie(when I was a kid).
I get called Panda Bear or Panders all the time lol.
People would also usually call me Amandita, which is in Spanish lol
How about Manda-lorian
A Latinx Friend of mine likes to call me Mandita. When my sibs were younger and they couldn’t say my name they would call me Dai-Dai(Day-Day).
Add to the list.
“Amanda Panda” , a cute cuddly lovable bear
helpful to me,my girl is Amanda al be calling her Dah
Amita, and Amity are my fav! I had never heard them