If you need a cute, funny, or unique nickname for someone named Jocelyn, you will find the best Jocelyn nicknames below.
Table of Contents
Origin and Meaning of Jocelyn
The name Jocelyn is said to have various origins and meanings. In German, Jocelyn is derived from a Germanic masculine name Guadelenos/Guatselin. The name translates to “Member of the Goth/Guat tribe.”
In Latin, Jocelyn is interpreted to mean “Happy/Joy”.
Jocelyn is growing in popularity in the United States, in 2018 it was the 194th most popular name given to baby girls in the United States.
Now that we know these about the name Jocelyn, let’s get into the nicknames!
Popular Nicknames for Jocelyn
These nicknames are often commonly accepted substitutes of the name Jocelyn. Below are popular nicknames for Jocelyn:
Cute Nicknames for Jocelyn
Cute nicknames are formed by attaching endearing words or terms to the name. Here are some cute nicknames for Jocelyn:
- Jo Bear
- Jo Boo
- Little Jo
- Baby J
- Bossy Jossie
Cool Nicknames for Jocelyn
These nicknames are often gotten by attaching suffixes or cool character traits of the name bearer to their name. Here are some cool nickname ideas for Jocelyn:
Nicknames from Famous People Named Jocelyn
The names and nicknames of famous people can be an inspiring source of useful nicknames for someone who bears the same or a similar name. Here are some famous people named Jocelyn:
- Jocelyn Eve Stoker (also known as Joss Stone): A British singer and songwriter.
- Sidney Edmond Jocelyn Ackland (also known as Joss Ackland): A British actor.
- Jocelyn Lorette Brown (also known as Jocelyn Shaw): An American R&B and dance singer.
- Jocelyn Brando (also known as Fiddy): An American actress.
- Frances Elizabeth Jocelyn (also known as Viscountess Jocelyn): A British photographer.
Nicknames from Fictional Characters Named Jocelyn
Characters from books, movies, and TV shows can provide useful nicknames for you to choose from. Here are some fictional characters named Jocelyn:
- Jocelyn Fray (also known as Jocelyn Gray): A character in the book and television series, Shadowhunters.
- Jocelyn Carter (also known as Joss or Secondary Asset): A character in the television series, Person of Interest.
- Jocelyn (also known as Lady Jocelyn): A character in the American film, A Knight’s Tale.
Variants of The Name Jocelyn
The variants of a name in other countries, cultures, or languages often make very interesting nicknames. Here are some variants of the name Jocelyn:
- Guatselin: An Ancient Germanic variant of Jocelyn.
- Gosse: A Medieval French variant of Jocelyn.
- Yoselin: A Spanish variant of Jocelyn.
Are there any good nicknames for Joselyn that’s not on our list? Please share them with us in the comments section!