Are you looking for a suitable nickname for Maggie? We have made your search easier by compiling an extensive list of excellent nicknames for the name Maggie, as well as descriptions to help you choose the suitable option.
Table of Contents
Origin and Meaning of Maggie
The feminine name Maggie is said to be a diminutive form of Margaret. Maggie is an English name that derived its meaning from “mañjarī” meaning “Pearl” or “Cluster of blossoms”.
The name Maggie is used in different parts of the world today. In 2018, Maggie ranked as the 171st most popular name given to baby girls in England and the 292nd most popular name given to baby girls in America.
Popular Nicknames for Maggie
Popular nicknames are often coined from the first few letters of the name or a combination of the original name with a suffix. Here are popular nicknames for Maggie:
Cute Nicknames for Maggie
A cute nickname would be just perfect for a sweetie in your life that’s named Maggie. Below are some cute nicknames for Maggie:
- Lil Mag
- Pearl: One of the literal meanings of Maggie.
- Manggo: Pronounced as Mango.
- Maggie Moo
- Maggy Waggy
- Giggle: Coined from the last letters in the name Maggie and pronounced as “Giggle”.
Cool Nicknames for Maggie
Cool nicknames are mostly formed by attaching suffixes or words that best describe behaviors that the name bearer possesses. Below are some cool nicknames for Maggie:
- Magster: A combination of Mag and Gangster.
- Swaggy Maggie
- Maggie Mega
- Money Magnet: A combination of the word Money, the name Magg + “net” (pronounced as Magnet)
Nicknames from Famous People Named Maggie
Public figures are always a great source of nicknames because of the numerous names given to them by family, friends, and fans. Here are some famous people (and their nicknames) who bear the name Maggie:
- Maggie Aderin-Pocock (also known as The Lunatic): A British Space Scientist and Science Educator.
- Maggie Alphonsi (also known as The Machine): A former English rugby union player.
- Maggie De Block (also known as Iron Maggie): A Belgian Politician, doctor, and member of the Open VLD.
- Maggie Brown (also known as The Unsinkable Molly Brown): An American Socialite and Philanthropist.
- Maggie Chan-Roper (also known as Distance Queen): A Hong Kong athlete.
- Maggie Ho-ye Cheung (also known as Chu-Ho): A Hong Kong actress.
- Maggie Cline (also known as The Irish Queen and The Bowery Brunhilde): An American vaudeville singer.
- Maggie Thatcher (also known as The Iron Lady): A British stateswoman who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1979 to 1990.
Nicknames from Fictional Characters Named Maggie
Fictional characters often possess unique and interesting personalities which makes them a fun source of nicknames. Here’s our list of fictional characters that bear the name Maggie:
- Maggie Greene (also known as The Widow): A fictional character in the comic book series The Walking Dead.
- Maggie Sawyer (also known as Missus Captain or Mrs. Kate Kane): A fictional character that appears in stories published by DC Comics.
- Maggie Simpson (also known as Baby Brat): A fictional character in the animated television series The Simpsons.
- Maggie Chascarrillo (also known as Perla): A fictional character in the comic series Love and Rockets.
Variants of the Name Maggie
Variants of the name Maggie make great nickname options for people who want to keep in touch with the original meaning of their name. Here are variants of Maggie:
- Margot: A French variant of the name Maggie.
- Megan: A Welsh variant of the name Maggie.
- Margarita: A Russian variant of the name Maggie.
Find More Nicknames: 60+ Good Nicknames for Margaret
Did we miss any good nicknames for the name Maggie? Be a dear and share them with us in the comment section below!