If you need fantastic nicknames to call someone named Peter, you will find several cute, funny, and creative Peter nicknames in this article.
Table of Contents
Origin and Meaning of Peter
Peter is a masculine name of Greek origin, meaning ‘rock.’ The name Peter is derived from the Greek name Petros, which means ‘rock or stone.’
Early records of the name Peter can be traced to the New Testament as it was the name of one of the Twelve Apostles of Christ. Peter used to be “Simon bar-Jonah,” until he met Jesus, who named him Peter, to signify that he would be the rock upon which the church is built.
Although the popularity of the name Peter has fallen in the last decade, it remains an excellent baby name for boys.
Popular Nicknames for Peter
Most popular nicknames come from shortened forms of the name. Here are some popular nicknames for Peter:
Cute Nicknames for Peter
Cute nicknames are adorable pet nicknames used by people to refer to those they hold dear to their hearts. These nicknames are great ways to personalize the first nicknames of loved ones. Here are some cute nicknames for Peter:
- Lil P
- Big Pete
Creative Nicknames for Peter
Creative nicknames of a name double as excellent screen names and good nicknames friends can use to refer to one another. Here are some creative nicknames for Peter:
- Spiderman: Peter Parker
- Peter Parker
- Peter Pan
- Pumpkin Eater: “Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater” is an English language nursery rhyme.
- Peter Piper: From the popular tongue twister.
- Peter Rabbit
- Pika: A cool nickname for Peter that could double as a screen name.
- Peter Griffin: He is one of the main characters in the American animated sitcom ‘Family Guy’ voiced by Seth MacFarlane. He has gone by different nicknames, including ‘Pea Tea Griffin.’
- Stinky Pete: from the Toy Story movies.
- Peter Maximoff: He is a fictional character in the Marvel Comics under the alias ‘Quicksilver.’
- The Rock: A nickname for Peter inspired by Jesus, referring to Simon Peter as the rock upon which he would build his church.
- Apostle: From Apostle Peter.
Famous People Named Peter
Famous people are a popular source of nicknames. For example, a tall guy named Peter could be nicknamed Peter Crouch like the towering British footballer. Here are some famous people named Peter:
- Peter Dinklage: He is a Primetime Emmy Award-winning actor known for his role as Tyrion Lannister in the HBO TV series’ Game of Thrones.’ He is nicknamed ‘The Halfman’ after his character in ‘Game of Thrones.’
- Peter Capaldi: He is a Scottish actor known for his roles in movies such as ‘Doctor Who’ and ‘The Suicide Squad.’ He is nicknamed ‘PCap.’
- Peter Jackson: He is a film director, producer, and screenwriter known for his movie adaptation of the ‘Lord of the Rings Trilogy’ and the ‘Hobbit Trilogy’ books by J. R. R. Tolkien. He is nicknamed ‘PJ.’
Variants of Peter
Language variants of a name is another great source of nicknames for that name. Here are some nicknames from variants of Peter:
- Pierre: The French variant of the Greek name Peter.
- Piaras: The Irish variant for the Greek name Peter.
- Pedro: The Spanish variant of the Greek name Peter.
- Peteru: The Yoruba variant for the Greek name Peter.
If you read this list, then you must have gotten some choice nicknames for a Peter, you know. Leave us a comment to let us know your thoughts on our list.